Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: 48 hours to pay otherwise to court! Bluff or serious?!!  (Read 2638 times)

ManU

• View Profile
48 hours to pay otherwise to court! Bluff or serious?!!
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »
Hello,
I am actually from France and I got since 1 year ago letters from Getty image because I used a 1 inch picture on my website. I immediately removed the picture and asked them to specify and proof. They answered with a screen print, which is juridically meaningless I assume. Afterwards I ignored all their letters. Now I received another letter where they threaten by bringing the case to court to make me pay 3000 euro if I don't pay 650 euro within the next 48 hours. Somebody has experience with this and can tell me what the next step is if I ignore this message? Should I ignore or take a lawyer? Thank you!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: 48 hours to pay otherwise to court! Bluff or serious?!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »
I am not a lawyer and every situation is unique.  I am also not familiar with the way your court system is set up.  But from my experience here in the States this is  part of their bullying tactic to try and intimidate you into paying.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.