Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty Images and Jupitermedia Get Goosed by Lawsuit  (Read 3658 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Getty Images and Jupitermedia Get Goosed by Lawsuit
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:55 AM »
Farmer Andrew Marsinko and his goose posed for a photograph to promote the State Fair of Virginia back in 1996. The photographer subsequently licensed the image to Jupitermedia, which licensed it to Getty Images, and in 2006 it wound up on a gag greeting card that Marsinko found offensive.

http://rising.blackstar.com/getty-images-and-jupitermedia-get-goosed-by-lawsuit.html

I wonder what ever became of this little tidbit...heres more info on the case itself..

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/132543
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:34:14 AM by buddhapi »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Getty Images and Jupitermedia Get Goosed by Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:33:49 AM »
Just found this, don't know the date, so I have no idea of when "NOW" would be must keep digging..I'm on a mission..

THEN Marsinko sued a photography studio, stock-image providers and greeting card companies in September, saying he never authorized the photo to be used for commercial purposes, and that the card resulted in insults and ridicule.

NOW The suit remains active in Roanoke County. All the defendants have filed responses denying liability in the case. One defendant included a copy of the permission form Marsinko signed.

The form grants permission for Marsinko's photo to be used for "promotional, illustrative and editorial purposes," and also states the photo will be used specifically to promote the fair and for the photographers' "personal project," a portfolio of people and their livestock. The issue of whether Marsinko's image was exploited when it was sold to a stock-image company will be central to the case as it goes forward.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.