Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Cartoon Stock Letter - Same Old Story  (Read 3071 times)

JSpark46

• View Profile
Cartoon Stock Letter - Same Old Story
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:37:25 AM »
I want to start out by saying how thankful I am for this forum. If I hadn't found it I might have just paid up out of fear of getting hit with massive statutory damages in court.

I've been browsing the forums for the past few months and have the same basic story as everyone else. I received an email from Cartoon Stock for a few images for ~$100/each that were listed for much less than that on the site. I requested proof of registration, "we don't have to provide that", they claimed they were seeking actual damages not statutory, etc. Almost verbatim what was outlined in "A Summary of the Getty Issue in the United States."

I just stopped responding although I do the occasional correspondence from them.

My question is: has Cartoon Stock ever sued? I couldn't find online how litigious they are compared to the other firms when I looked online.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Cartoon Stock Letter - Same Old Story
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:52 AM »
Get yourself a Pacer acct to search or seach justia.com, they generally list all lawsuits filed, but not much else. Pacer allows you to get all documents and filings, but can get expensive if you're not careful.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.