Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: CFAA Violation, TERMS of USE, Htacess Blocks  (Read 9467 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: CFAA Violation, TERMS of USE, Htacess Blocks
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:09 PM »
I like your thinking :)

Perhaps an alternative.

Questionable current statistics indicate there are approximately 30,000,000 bloggers in the U.S. Let's presume one-third are "serious" bloggers, this brings us to 10,000,000. Of these serious bloggers, let's presume 10% actually care about their rights, this brings us to 1,000,000.

What would happen if someone started a group of United States Bloggers United by Dollars, i.e. USBUD. Cool, now we have a group. What would happen if USBUD initiated a "pre-legal" program wherein members contribute $100 to a savings account, and that such contribution would be held in the account, overseen by a legal authority. Interestingly, this brings us to a total of $10,000,000.

What would happen if the mission of USBUD was to use that $10,000,000 to do one of two things?

1. Hire lobbyists to go to Capital Hill exercising the Malcolm X approach of making noise until people listen; or

2. Use the $10,000,000 to delver 1-5 really, really, really good legal battles to Getty/Piscout.

Americans have more power than they can imagine. Their problem is they're mostly living in a post-traumatic stress society of learned helplessness.

When you have a giant who goes around bullying millions of little people, it's time for the little people to band in numbers to create their own giant. Personally, I'd be happy to contribute $100 to such a cause.

Make arrangements that, if no lobbying or legal battle against the giant takes place, then everyone can get their $100 back, with about $1 in interest. Actually, this works to give us a niftier name, the Giant 101 Equalizer Group.

When you put together that much money for a cause, it's like "locking and loading." You don't have to fire - you simply have to show your teeth.

In terms of legal battles, I know $10M isn't too much. I would live to see $100M, then everything would boil down to a simple question. Would the giant like to spend $100M across multiple fronts?

This is a matter of tactics, and when people think about tactics long enough, they eventually come up with a very good plan.

Food for thought.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: CFAA Violation, TERMS of USE, Htacess Blocks
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
Lucia and Jerry - this guy has some seriously thin skin. Meanwhile he chastises ELI and calls us indentured to Getty and their lawyers when we are the only site that continually examines, talks about and proposes solutions and defenses to his and other copyright trolling issues. I admire his idea but he is delusional if he thinks he can convince 1,000,000 bloggers to donate (even $1) towards this cause. 

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.