Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Class action suit filed against “Getty Images Master Delegate” in Israel.  (Read 38748 times)

scraggy

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

I certainly don't feel like I lost!
Here is a link ( translated ) to a summary of the conclusion of the case

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=iw&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.law.co.il%2Fnews%2Fcopyright%2F2013%2F02%2F06%2Fcourt-dismissed-class-action-suit-against-image-bank%2F&act=url

The fact that no costs were awarded against us says a lot about the judge's feelings in the case. Marot must have spent a fortune defending themselves, not to mention the sleepless nights, which gave them a taste of their own medicine.

I have exposed Marot Image for what they are - a Getty "Master Delegate" that represents Getty in Israel, but does not have the right to sue in Israeli courts. They do not own the exclusive license necessary under Israeli law.

Perhaps as a result of the class action suit, they made errors in other lawsuits, and now there is a clear court verdict that states that whilst Getty may have a right to sue here, Marot has no such right.

Perhaps Getty will now return, as the law demands, but I would advise them not to bother! My lawyer and I will be waiting for them, ready to help everyone who receives any threatening letters. With all the publicity generated by our case, people here will not roll over and pay so easily.

The judges are also not likely to be sympathetic. I think that that "DE MINIMIS" will be an adequate defense.

Ian

Mulligan

• View Profile
Ian, that's a win! Congratulations!!

Cliff61

• View Profile
Problem is even after the translation I still don't really understand it! Can anybody translate without the legal terminology? The way I understand it the company that represent Getty can't sue in Israel, is that it in a nutshell?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.