Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: How Getty Images Affects The Image Industry  (Read 3766 times)

jhvocals

• View Profile
How Getty Images Affects The Image Industry
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
Hello ELI Community,

This week I received my baptism into this world, previously unknown to me.  Typical story: two small images used in a free blog, no watermarks or copyright info, for which Getty now demands $2,000.  They were, of course, immediately taken down.  I have found extremely similar images for less than $5.  I've already contacted Oscar for the Letter Defense Program.

Now that I am now no longer ignorant and will only use images I have taken myself - I will not buy any images, no matter how inexpensive, because of the horror stories I have read here.  Getty has completely soured me as a potential customer of paid images.  I will not risk Getty possibly buying out the company I bought the image from, or falsely accusing me of not having a license. 

This extortion is extremely short-sighted on their part.  Creating an affordable category for blog images could be a huge revenue source for them (as opposed to having to pay $500 for a picture of a street sign.  Please!) 

It's a shame that other companies are going to ultimately suffer because of Getty's business model.

On a positive note, quality digital cameras should benefit because I'm buying one ASAP.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.