Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright Defense League Recruiting Extortionist Lawyers  (Read 31032 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Copyright Defense League Recruiting Extortionist Lawyers
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:37 AM »
You guys are amazing with your research! 

Oscar ,thank you for your complaint letter too.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:03 AM »
I agree with Robert. There are too many Dan B. Levine's.  We have to be more meticulous about connecting the dots to make sure we have the correct one.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
I figure that it's him.
Just Google Map the two NY addresses that I provided.  They're the same.
iWire is listed at that address, with it's head office in Georgia.
The SEC filing and Linkedin confirms that Levine is CEO of iWire.
I'm quite confident about it.  It all adds up.  Anyway, thank me later... lol

S.G.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »
I agree SG, I think you found him as that is the address I found for him also. He's no dummy - he graduated from The Wharton School of Business according to his LinkedIn profile. Looks like trolling is just a pastime for him perhaps.     

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
I'll thank you now SG, along with your google maps search and Oscar's also stumbling upon the same address, it's kinda hard to refute at this point..so now another question....Is Dan B. Levine a lawyer? in good standing? or is he indeed just another John W. Jolin with a made up title?..Actually I have loads of questions.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »
I find the whole thing creepy.
McCormack strikes me as buffoon... but I have a weird feeling about these guys.

S.G.

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

SG, ditto. I have the same crawling feeling alone the length of my spine with these fellows.

Great work on tracking down this Wharton School of Business troll. I wonder what various WSB professors would say about these copyright trolling extraction schemes? Is the predominant attitude in the business world these days, "If it's legal or close enough to legal to stand up in court for a few rounds, then morality be damned and full speed ahead to the big bucks so we can join the One Percenters?"

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
Looks as if CDL runs this DMCA service:

http://senddmca.com/

any DMCA $48... There's even a volume discount for those with "lots of infringements":
"This price drops to $32 each for 2 (a 33% discount) or $24 each for 5 or more URLs to remove (a 50% discount)."

S.G.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »
Buddhapi has mentioned Randy Taylor and a woman connected to him, Dagmar Fabricius.
Dagmar also goes by the name "Dagmar Fabricius-Höhler".  Here's some domains and accounts associated with her:

http://dagmarfabricius.com/
http://u000186041.photoshelter.com/
http://twitter.com/dadaflo

She's President of a corporation called International Color Stock, Inc., with Randy Taylor as VP.
http://www.corporationwiki.com/New-York/New-York/international-color-stock-inc-4350283.aspx
Not surprisingly, the corp has no web presence, and doesn't appear to sell any services or products.

Fabricius (along with Mr Taylor in some cases) are associated with several defunct domains including:

www.STOCKCREATORS.COM
www.STOCKHEADSHOTS.COM
www.STOCKMEDIA.NET
www.stockrf.com

Randy Tayor is Editor in Chief of this magazine, with contributions by Dagmar:
http://creatorscircle.com/PDFs/Creators_Circle-issue1.pdf
It has the usual copyright herp-a-derp articles having to do with infringement by teenagers, interspaced with Apollo Mission photos that are public domain.
Taylor also gets in multi-page plugs in for his licensing management software scheme.

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
It would appear to my eye, that most of Randy Taylors "business ventures" didn't get very far, to me they all look like flops, maybe thats why he decided to give trolling a try..the sites i've looked at from him are .....ummmmm not very good IMHO...i'm still trying to get over the whole recruiting of attorney thing, only a matter of time before we start hearing more about this sleazy practice.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
What I find amusing in all of this is that in Dagmar Fabricius Twitter link in the post above she is mentioning and providing a link to a copy of Microsoft office available at The Pirate Bay. I recognized the site from the recent posts SG has made in regards to one of the founders of the site being arrested.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
Pot meet Kettle!

What I find amusing in all of this is that in Dagmar Fabricius Twitter link in the post above she is mentioning and providing a link to a copy of Microsoft office available at The Pirate Bay. I recognized the site from the recent posts SG has made in regards to one of the founders of the site being arrested.

Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Pot meet Kettle!

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:21 PM »
Everything about how they operate and made their debut is very strange. There is some degree of cloak & dagger with CDL.

At least with Getty Images, "Masterfail", HAN, Photo Attorney, etc., they have some semblance and elements of credibility in their operation going for them.

However, everything we have uncovered thus far on CDL smells like a sleazy, underground operation.

S.G.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »
As per the registration info of the Dan B. Levine, as posted by Buddhapi above;

Dan Levine
16 Evans Drive
Brookville, NY 11545

Brookville, NY also appears to be synonymous with "Glen Head, NY 11545".
Google Maps will reveal these to be the same address.
Nice big houses there; Businessweek says that it's the "weathiest town in America", and J-Lo called it "home".
15 Evans drive sold in August 2011 for... wait for it?  Ready?  2,725,000 dollars:
http://www.neighborcity.com/property/15-Evans-Dr-Brookville-NY-11545-2396261-4969573/

I've found references to a Dan B. Levine, and a company called iWire in the same locale:

Here's an SEC filing with more info about "iWire":
http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/vprr/02/9999999997-02-011169

Helpful, yes?

S.G.

Iwire inc was also doing business in Florida as I dug this out from sunbiz.org, looks to me like another losing business..

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=F02000005077&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=IWIRE&names_filing_type=

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.