Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright Defense League Recruiting Extortionist Lawyers  (Read 31053 times)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Copyright Defense League Recruiting Extortionist Lawyers
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
Good finds by couch_potato.
In fact, there was some private discussion already underway about the court case that couch_potato mentioned (thanks Buddhapi!).
I think that this is in fact, the same Levine that we've been talking about on here.

"iWire Inc." references the 16 Evans drive address of Dan B. Levine:
http://www.majon.com/local/business-services-directory/new-york/glen-head/iwire-inc
This is the company that went bankrupt in 2007 as mentioned in the court filing that couch_potato provided.

"iWire International, Inc" is presently in business.
This company makes reference to stock photo/trolling activities also associated with Dan B. Levine.
To prove that, take a look at these pages on the "iWire International" web site that couch_potato provided:

Compass Media:
http://www.iwireinternational.com/index.php?page=44&lang=e

StockPhotoFinder:
http://www.iwireinternational.com/index.php?page=45&lang=e

Copyright Registry (C-Registry):
http://www.iwireinternational.com/index.php?page=46&lang=e

So, if anyone would to "invest" in copyright trolling, you now know which holding company to contact.  lol.

S.G.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:51:58 PM by Matthew Chan »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
Great work SG, it's all starting to come together now..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »
My pleasure, of course!!
Everybody's pitching in, and I'm happy to be a part of it!!

S.G.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
Oscar, did you ever hear back about this?  Just curious.

Here is a letter I am sending out today on this issue:
====

September 12, 2012 

Grievance Committee for the Second, Eleventh, and Thirteenth Judicial Districts
Renaissance Plaza
335 Adams Street, Suite 2400
Brooklyn, NY 11201-3745

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am an attorney admitted to practice in New York through the First Department since 1986 and I write to complain about possible ethical violations and improper fee-sharing and fee referral from a group called The Copyright Defense League.  I was forwarded the attached email from someone who received it through an unknown source. It appears to be a solicitation to lawyers to do legal work on behalf of the Copyright Defense League from a person identified as Dan B. Levine with a NY phone number of 516 770 -3700.  An internet search does not reveal any further information about any attorney with that phone number. 

I went onto your Attorney Directory to look for that name and found the following:     

Search Results: 2 Returned

Attorney Name (Click name for details) Registration Number   City   State   Year Admitted   Registration Status
1   DANIEL BARNETT LEVINE     4312963           2005   Delinquent
2   DANIEL BARRETT LEVINE     4581195   New York   NY   2008   Currently registered

I am fairly sure that the Daniel Barrett Levine who works at a prominent NY firm in the area of financial transactions predominantly relating to China is not the drafter of the letter or the Dan B. Levine indicated on the bottom.    
   It is also my understanding that the Disciplinary Rules do not allow practice under a trademark name like Copyright Defense League, but perhaps those rules have changed in today’s legal marketing world. I note that the letter also appears to be discussing referral of legal fees and sharing of legal fees that I know is still strictly regulated. 

Of course, if Dan B. Levine is not a registered lawyer in NY or if his registration has been suspended this entire communication is improper.  I ask that you look into this communication and determine whether I am correct that it appears to cross several lines.

Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions regarding the above.
                     Sincerely,

OSCAR MICHELEN

OM:sjk                
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
Actually, just a few days ago I received a response that they feel there is no proof an attorney is involved so they are closing the investigation.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
Thanks for the update Oscar!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.