Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: From letters to lawsuits (albeit unlikely)-general timeline??  (Read 3514 times)

zazen

• View Profile
From letters to lawsuits (albeit unlikely)-general timeline??
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »
I've received 2 Getty and 2 followup McCormacks in about the last yearwhich I've completely ignored. Anyone have an approximate idea how long it might take if they decided to file suit, or delay tactics that can be used to keep kicking this can down the three year road?
I realize no one may know the answer, but any educated guesses would be welcome.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: From letters to lawsuits (albeit unlikely)-general timeline??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
They have 3 years from the date of your first letter to file a suit.  Since you have not shared the details of your case I don't think anyone can answer your question without more info (how many images, where did it come from, what was it of, how was it used etc.) other than to say if you are like most you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than Getty suing you.

Provide more info and I can give a better opinion.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

zazen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:29:36 PM »
Thanx Greg- Have a home business, w/e-newsletter.  3 images were involved, which were quickly removed.  They originally wanted 1200- but now w/McCormack they're up to 2200. Our newsletter goes out weekly and is content driven- the image likely had zero effect on sales. I also live in Florida.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »
Thanx Greg- Have a home business, w/e-newsletter.  3 images were involved, which were quickly removed.  They originally wanted 1200- but now w/McCormack they're up to 2200. Our newsletter goes out weekly and is content driven- the image likely had zero effect on sales. I also live in Florida.

Thanks, that helps a bit, where did they come from and how were they used? (in ads, as part of a story etc.)
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.