Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty update question  (Read 3405 times)

roywood06

• View Profile
Getty update question
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
Just curious if anyone has seen a trend as to whether Getty has continued filing suits over a single image or if that has cooled off. Looks like the letters are still being sent.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Getty update question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »
I just looked in pacer and did not see any new suits.  There were only two active suits that I saw.  The one with the sports photogs suing Getty and the NFL and the patent infringement case where Getty is being sued by Uniloc.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:56 PM »
I suspect that Getty will re-launch  another wave at some point this year.

Get The Getty!

• G
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:22:06 AM »
Is there any link to "COMPLETE" update or sort of recent history of all of their legal suits and their results? Your work is appreciated. And if possible, kindly let me know if there's any joint suit which is being filed which I can contribute financially? I'd love to pay my hard-earned money for such a joint effort instead of settling with these extortionists i.e. Getty. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:45:53 AM by Get The Getty! »
I do not understand legal fraud. To my mind it has no more meaning than legal heat or legal cold, legal light or legal shade. Lord Bramwell, Weir v. Bell (1878), 3 Ex. D. 243.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »
There is no counter suit planned or intended. You can type in "class action" to see the numerous numerous numerous times this issue has come up and been discussed on the ELI forums. .

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.