Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Hell has frozen over on ELI...  (Read 2446 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Hell has frozen over on ELI...
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:17:21 AM »
Senior members of ELI are actually taking the side of photographers and arguing for the rights of the photographer and trying to educate this numbskull who is trying to justify NOT taking down a photo that someone has made a claim on? 

And I am forced to acknowledge Carolyn Wright of Photo Attorney, take her side, and say I actually like her photography and find them of value?  I hate being put in this weird distortion reality. WTF.

How does this even happen given how ELI's alleged reputation is that we encourage people to ignore and disrespect copyright?

ELI history is being made here. Witness for yourself. This is no act to make ourselves look good.  This is no PR stunt.  This is actually a numbskull that truly doesn't "get it" to the degree ELI members are advocating for copyright enforcers.  Again, WTF.

If this is representative of the the new wave of people coming through, I am jumping ship to the other side and applying for a job with Photo Attorney!

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/tom-schwabel-copyright-equivalent-of-nigerian-scam/
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Hell has frozen over on ELI...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »
There is always something new happening.  This person just doesn't get or want to believe what he is being told, there is a vast wealth of knowledge here and if he were wise he would listen but some people have to pee on the electric fence before they will believe...... :o
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.