Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Help from the Eli Community Needed  (Read 16866 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Help from the Eli Community Needed
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »
I called the SEC today and left a message on Ms. Osbornes voicemail and ask her about the deadline, I also asked her when the payment would be due and to call me to discuss cut off limits on the search.  I will keep you posted.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
I spoke to April Brown yesterday and she said she is on for $100.00  Thanks April! :D
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
Today I sent off an authorization to proceed with the records search with a limitation of $1200 total for the SEC's labor and copying charges. Thank you so much to those of you who have committed contributions.

If anyone else is interested in helping obtain these documents and seeing them I am still approximately $400 short of my goal. This is to great of an opportunity to pass up, getting the chance for us to get our hands on for cases of Gettys internal company documentation and there is no way I could pass this up. Thank you all again for your help and support.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/125575318/9-6-Response-Authorizing-Search-Redacted

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:51 PM »
Okay everyone, I can use your help.  It is now getting very close to the time I am expecting to hear from the SEC that they are ready to send me copies of the 3 cases of documents from their investigation of Jonathan Klein and Getty Images.  I have waited until it was close to the expected time of delivery before I asked for donations to be sent. I estimate the cost of this search, retrieval, copying and mailing of these documents to run about $1200.00

You can read the first post to see what this is for if you do not know/remember.

If you offered earlier to make a donation and are still able to help PM me or email at gregtroy@yeahwedothat.biz and I will let you know how to send it.

I could really use the ELI communities help with this.  I plan to make these documents available to all but I could really use your help to offset the cost. 

Thank you.

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »
I will try and keep you all updated as to where we stand and what is still needed.

Total - $775.00

Need - $425.00

Thank you to confirmed contributors for your help and support:

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:48:05 PM by Greg Troy (KeepFighting) »

--Greg Troy

April Brown (AuctionApril)

• View Profile
    • AprilBrown.com
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 09:27:19 PM »
I am good for $150.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »
Thanks April!!!

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »
I will try and keep you all updated as to where we stand and what is still needed.

Total - $935.00

Need - $265.00

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan
April Brown
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:10:48 AM by Greg Troy (KeepFighting) »

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »

Total - $810.00

Need - $390.00

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan
Mulligan

--Greg Troy

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »
Wait. Are you moving in the wrong direction?
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
LOL!  No, just tired and too many things on my mind.  Thanks for catching that Jerry, here are the correct figures.  I just meant to add Mulligans name to the previous list as a confirmed contributor but I have not receive his check yet so I didn't know the amount.  It's not been a good week.  :-[

Total - $935.00

Need - $265.00

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan
Mulligan

--Greg Troy

Peeved

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »

This made me laugh. I was thinking the same thing when I read Greg's post. Glad to see Greg has updated the info.

Greg, sorry about your week....it's only Tuesday dude! Sending you some good luck vibes.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
Thanks Peeved, I can used them this week.

I received another donation in the mail today from a confirmed contributor but I did not know the amount until it arrived.

Total - $960.00

Need - $240.00

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan
April Brown
Mulligan

This made me laugh. I was thinking the same thing when I read Greg's post. Glad to see Greg has updated the info.

Greg, sorry about your week....it's only Tuesday dude! Sending you some good luck vibes.

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »
I received another donation in the mail today.

Total - $985.00

Need - $215.00

Jerry Witt
Stinger
Greg Troy
Oscar Michelen
Peeved
Khan
April Brown
Mulligan
Bernicem77

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:07:41 AM by Greg Troy (KeepFighting) »

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 12:30:35 AM »
I received a tremendous amount of goodwill, support, and generosity towards help with my legal fees for my appeal fight last year.  It is only fair for me to return the favor to another cause within our community.

With that said, I am in for $100.  For our readers, you need not feel like you have to "match" posted contributions.  But if you are even able to contribute $10 or $20 that would still be a great help because it all adds up. More importantly, you may inspire others to follow.  It is the power of the ELI Community.

Greg has done all the hard work here.  We believe this effort is not in vain.  Whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:49:52 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.