Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Help from the Eli Community Needed  (Read 16945 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Help from the Eli Community Needed
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
*******I Need the Eli Community’s Help******

Today I was presented with an opportunity which looks very interesting. I finally received a response from the SEC on my request under the Freedom of Information Act for all records pertaining to investigation of Jonathan Klein and top officers at Getty images backdating stock options. If you do not remember when I discovered this and the associated stockholder lawsuits you may read my posts here:
http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/an-experiment-against-getty/msg12037/#msg12037

There was an SEC investigation of Jonathan Klein, the top officers and Getty images over the backdating which Getty admits did happen though they claim it was clerical errors. The SEC has informed me that they have located four boxes of records pertaining to this investigation. I believe there must be some good information in these records which could be used to expose what goes on at Getty Images, I am hoping there would be a complete financial included in the documentation which would show the breakdown of Getty’s income and we could get a look at how much Getty actually makes off of their settlement demand letters as well as many more interesting items like that which we can use. The problem is that I must pay for someone at the SEC to sit down and go through these four boxes of documentation, redact information deemed too sensitive and copy the files. The SEC is asking for $840 for their time and $.24 per page and I am estimating final costs for getting this information around $1200. My intention is to release this information once I have obtained it so that everyone may see how the top brass at Getty operate. Here’s the letter I received from the SEC:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/123882396/01-31-2012-SEC-FIOA-Request-Response-Redacted

The reason for this post is I do not have $1200 to spare laying a round; I have spoken to Matthew and Robert tonight and suggested the idea of presenting it to the Eli community to see if anyone would be interested in helping to fund this. I am committing $150 to obtaining this documentation, Robert and Matthew have committed to $25 each towards the cause which leaves me needing approximately $1000 which would only be 40 people at $25 each. Right now I do not wish to receive any money I am just looking for firm commitments of any amount from anyone interested in this project. If it looks like the project will be doable at that point Matthew and I will set up some sort of secure donation method most likely using PayPal.

The reason why I am doing this in the sense of urgency is the letter states I must make a commitment by February 11 which is just one week from today. I will be contacting the SEC tomorrow to see if this deadline can be extended and why there is such a sense of urgency for the commitment on their part as they have stated it can take 18 to 24 months before my turn in the queue comes up in my documents are processed.

If you are willing to assist in this project please email me at GregTroy@YeahWeDoThat.Biz and let me know the amount you would be willing to donate to this cause.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Help from the Eli Community Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:38:52 PM »
I'll match your $150 Greg

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »
Thank you very much Oscar!! :)

I'll match your $150 Greg
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:35:57 AM »
You've got my support as well! we could easily raise these funds, the hard part will be the time frame to commit.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:03 AM »
Greg, I am in for $150.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
WOW!  Thank you Stinger that gets us to just under half way already!!! :D 

Greg, I am in for $150.

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
I just received another commitment via PM for $25 to $50 dollars.  Thank You!!

--Greg Troy

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
" redact information deemed too sensitive "

This sounds like a serious red flag. Folks at the SEC aren't exactly known for going after the big boys. See Bernie Madoff and the "too big to fail" banks bailed out by our tax dollars.

Getty Images has a lot of grease in government circles, so I'm not confident of redacted info coming from the SEC being of much use.

Charging this much money for information they get to censor? That's not something I'm willing to throw any of my greenbacks at.

From the Freedom of Information Act website:

How much does it cost to make a FOIA request?

There is no initial fee required to submit a FOIA request, but the FOIA does provide for the charging of certain types of fees in some instances.

For a typical requester the agency can charge for the time it takes to search for records and for duplication of those records. There is usually no charge for the first two hours of search time or for the first 100 pages of duplication.

You may always include in your request letter a specific statement limiting the amount that you are willing to pay in fees. If an agency estimates that the total fees for processing your request will exceed $25, it will notify you in writing of the estimate and offer you an opportunity to narrow your request in order to reduce the fees. If you agree to pay fees for a records search, be aware that you may be required to pay such fees even if the search does not locate any responsive records or, if records are located, even if they are determined to be entirely exempt from disclosure.

Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »
I am in with 150,-- too.

Khan

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »
Thank you so much, Khan!!! With Khan's commitment that brings our total up to $700 in the goal is within reach.

@Mulligan

No worries my friend, there is always the risk that it might and that being not what we had hoped for and it will take a while to get the information too. That's why I wanted to be upfront about the redaction possibilities and the time involved to get the information. For me personally and the chance to get some hard evidence of the crap and unethical operation of Jonathan Klein and his cronies is worth it to me.

--Greg Troy

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »
Greg,

You can count on me for a contribution. How much depends on how well I'm rolling when the time comes to pay up. But at least know that I'll kick in for the minimum.

I'm not sure what you'll learn from this. But the one thing I do know now is that when you are on a mission, woe be to the trolls.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
Thank you very much Jerry!

Thanks for the compliment too, Getty is like a scab I can’t stop picking at. I can’t wait to see what is on the CDs I am getting from the Washington State Attorney Generals office, I asked for all the complaints that have been filed since Robert got the complete history last year.  This was right when I started my campaign and experiment against Getty and my complaint was not one of the ones listed at the time.  Robert received one CD with all they had; they tell me they are sending me 6 CDs of information filed since April of last year.  I hope a lot of people joined in and flooded the AG with complaints.  If there is a ton of new stuff I think a follow up letter may be necessary asking at what point the AG’s office gets involved.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/an-experiment-against-getty/msg13992/#msg13992

Greg,

You can count on me for a contribution. How much depends on how well I'm rolling when the time comes to pay up. But at least know that I'll kick in for the minimum.

I'm not sure what you'll learn from this. But the one thing I do know now is that when you are on a mission, woe be to the trolls.

--Greg Troy

Sandy443

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Greg, Count me in for the minimum $25. 
Sandy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »
Thank you so much Sandy!

Greg, Count me in for the minimum $25. 
Sandy

--Greg Troy

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
I will call Ms. Osborne at the SEC tomorrow and see if I can get an extention on the deadline or at least find out when the payment would be due.  I will let you all know what I find out tomorrow.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.