Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: How long does it take to establish DMCA Agent?  (Read 2561 times)

The-Gobbler

• View Profile
How long does it take to establish DMCA Agent?
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »

Hi guys, so I filled out this form: http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agent.pdf  And paid the $115 to become a DMCA agent for my site. 

This was over 6 weeks ago and I've received no communication and the check I sent appears to not have been cashed yet (still stunned these people use checks, but that's another story).

Anyway.... is this normal?  Am I supposed to receive some kind of confirmation?

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: How long does it take to establish DMCA Agent?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
I think Buddhapi might know the answer to this. He might chime in here.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: How long does it take to establish DMCA Agent?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »
It could take months, it the US Government! I probably would have sent it registered mail receipt, to confirm they even got it..

this is an old post and the prices have changed, but everything else is still the same I believe.

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2007/04/04/designating-your-own-dmca-agent/

Assuming you have all the required information and have submitted the form correctly, it will get done in due time..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.