Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: I'm done worrying about it.  (Read 20775 times)

stinger

• View Profile
Re: I'm done worrying about it.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Nice.  One year to go.

mikejl46

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 01:47:58 AM »
I have about 1/2 year to go, no peep out of Getty since day one. crossing my fingers.

I hope it's working out ok for others here.

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »
I hit my 3 years. Wooo hoo!
It would be nice if they told people they internally dropped things. :)

On the one hand: I knew they had no case against me. Hot linking-- among other things.  But there were other issues:  creator: original owner had died. That specific images was offered free for personal use on a site with her name on it-- run by someone whose name suggested they were an heir.  Names of companies etc seemed to change (last name .inc, personal name and so on.). So, any licensing paperwork might have been difficult for Getty to present in their favor with all sorts of potential slip-ups on who owned, who signed forms etc.   So, there really was no way Getty could win a case if they filed it.

On the other hand, there was no communication from them saying "Whoops. Our bad. You're right.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
Congratulations Lucia!  I know they had no case against you but it is still nice to hit the 3 year mark.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

mikejl46

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
Just an update, same as my last post, nothing new to report.

About 3 months left,

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
Almost there!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

mikejl46

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
Well, it's been 3 years now, I have never heard a peep out of Getty since the letter I received 3 years ago. I never replied to them. The only thing I did was not worry about it, and that worked for me.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
Congratulations Mike!

A smart and efficient plan.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »
Congratulations! Well played.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.