Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: I will probably just pay it!  (Read 2507 times)

Letsfightback

• View Profile
I will probably just pay it!
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
I just got one of those terrible extortion letters they want $546 for an image that was on a clients website. If it were my website I would take them on! I just can't risk my client getting mad at me and firing me - its so much money though! I hate that they are doing this and its perfectly legal? They really have to be stopped.

I will however be tweeting about it under the hashtag #gettyextortion Please join me!

Tammy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: I will probably just pay it!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
You might want to spend some time vetting ALL images you have used that you do not have a license for..chances are good you will get more letters going forward. If you don't pay it, getty will simply take you out of the equation and pursue your client.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.