Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Joel Albrizio (Adlife Marketing & Communications) Gets Nutty on Copyright-Trolls  (Read 11159 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Extortion letters from Adlife Marketing & Communications is a relatively new topic being discussed here on ELI. I knew very little about them specifically although their letters have a familiar ring.

Robert (Buddhapi), a member of the ELI Defense Team, wrote on his blog, copyright-trolls.com discussing the matter further:  http://copyright-trolls.com/site/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls.

Apparently, Joel didn't take it too well and start accusing Robert of copyright infringement and calling him a "thief" for "stealing" Adlife's images. Win in actuality, all Robert was doing was writing about the matter. Joel was apparently too stupid to figure out that "copyright-trolls.com" is a website that discusses, reports, and comments on such matters.

Joel also made veiled threats against Robert about possibly prosecuting him for such acts. Further, Joel is trying to tell Robert how he should write and comment on a site the Robert owns!

I can tell everyone that Joel has picked on the wrong guy to mess with.  Robert can get very obsessive very quickly in uncovering information on someone.  And Joel Albrizio can pretty much count on being investigated by him and his network going forward.

Joel has never heard of the Streisand Effect but by wrongfully threatening and accusing Robert, it won't be long now before we see more uncovered information on Joel Albrizio and Adlife Marketing & Communications.

Robert shared some information with me but I won't take away his thunder. I believe Robert will be making more posts on the matter in the near future.

So, for the $8,000 Adlife Marketing extortion letter recipients, I think you will want to go read Joel's very foolish and uninformed comments on copyright-trolls.com and then stay tuned for more upcoming reports.

As a teaser, I did find his company in the Massachusetts Secretary of State Corporations database:
http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=043004367&SEARCH_TYPE=1
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
yeah this fucktard is just another piss ant troll, that needs to be stomped right out of business....Ask anyone that knows me, and you'll quickly learn that I'm one of the most honest people you'll ever run into, yeah I'm blunt and I can be crude..so what, don't like it, don't read it. These douche-bags continue to rub me the wrong way, with that being said, I'll be pissing in Joels cheerios very soon... You and anybody that visits Eli or copyright trolls will be getting a glimpse of the real Joel Albrizio...One can only hope he teaches his kids better than how he behaves...

Stay tuned..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Breakout the popcorn!! this is going to be fun!

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/joel-albrizio-adlife-marketing-and-communications-co-inc-v-john-puccio-celestino-digiovanni/

stay tuned, I'm saving the best for last...kinda like a happy ending if you will.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Libertas

• View Profile
Glad to see that someone is taking up an interest in this company and their practices. Anyone who has received one of Joel's letters should take note, and prepare a letter to the Massachusetts AG if they wish to shine a light on this very shady operation. They go beyond the corrupt Getty style, reaching more towards a traditional racket.

justaguyinthesky

• View Profile
I got one of these letter from these scamming opportunistic pieces of shit Joel Abrizio & his son ... what a shit team. Here's what you do:

1) Ignore it and do not engage them. They cannot sue you for this as you legally licensed the image via iStock.
-or-
2) Contact iStock photo with your demand letter. they will walk you through how to get them to go away & provide you with language from their legal team if you would like to send it to AdLife.

AdLife was an iStock contributor and pulled all their content a while back. They are searching the internet for these images so they can falsely send demand letters and scare people into paying.

SCAM!!!!

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Here is an article I was made aware of that might be connected to how Adlife operates.

It is a well-written accounting of what a writer/blogger went through recently. She doesn't name Adlife but I think it was them that she writes about. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-emotions-expect-when-accused-image-copyright-even-chicken-krause

Also, Robert has released his latest report on Joel Albrizio of Adlife.

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/adlife-marketing-ceo-joel-abrizio-reaches-out-to-yours-truly/
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
Here is my suggestion to the person that was referenced in Matthews link above:

_____

Hi Liz,

I would suggest that you prepare an invoice for the amount of time you spent researching and confirming your ownership of the image. I would submit this invoice and a letter to the company that wrongly accused you, that you require payment for the time you spent researching their error. Also maybe mention that your terms require payment within 30 days or the invoice will accrue late penalties and interest. Now you get to turn the tables and hound them! How fun.

______

When people start costing the image troll companies time or money or both, they will become much more careful about the claims they are making.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
I love this idea of sending your own invoice to them!

Here is my suggestion to the person that was referenced in Matthews link above:
_____

Hi Liz,

I would suggest that you prepare an invoice for the amount of time you spent researching and confirming your ownership of the image. I would submit this invoice and a letter to the company that wrongly accused you, that you require payment for the time you spent researching their error. Also maybe mention that your terms require payment within 30 days or the invoice will accrue late penalties and interest. Now you get to turn the tables and hound them! How fun.
______

When people start costing the image troll companies time or money or both, they will become much more careful about the claims they are making.

stinger

• View Profile
Open Letter to Joel Albrizio:

Hey Joel,

Are you really the president of a marketing and communications firm?  When I read the crap you post on your blog, VoicesofJupiterFlorida, I cannot believe that to be possible.  Let me explain.

Your writing stinks.  It lacks cohesion.  It's all over the place.  It's possible that this is a subject you are emotional about, and that's why.  But it's really bad.

So then I thought about the marketing and communications firms I have hired in the past.  They are usually run by either artsy types or writer types.  Maybe you are an artsy type president.  But no, all the artsy type presidents of marketing and communication firms that I've met, know their limitations when it comes to writing.  They let their copy writers do the important writing.  You clearly didn't do that on VOJF.

Why do they leave the copy writing to the pros?  That way things get proof read.  That way they can stay on point.  That way they can make certain they are communicating with the proper audience.  That way they can make certain that their call to orders are succinct.

Your stuff is all over the place.  I even considered the possibility that perhaps you were trying intentionally to dumb the stuff down for the community of Jupiter Fl, or you were dumbing it down to sound like the women you were impersonating through your writing.  How demeaning of you to do such a thing.  But then I thought, no this is not a pre-scripted act.  In my opinion, you really are as dumb as you come across.

And you think that the people of Jupiter FL are going to fall for it?  How sad.

I am still looking for the retraction and apology you owe me.  In the mean time, I am going to delight in watching the number of internet enemies you make grow.  Maybe you should take a cue from that renowned troll attorney, Timothy McCormack, and retire from copyright trolling to grow some pot.

syjung

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm new to the ELI forums and I'm looking for some advice on my situation.  I see some posts related to Higbee Associates and also posts about Adlife Marketing but none of the two together.  My parents own a small deli and received the $8,000 invoice sometime last November over a picture I used to decorate the website.  She didn't know what it was so she threw away the letter and invoice because she did not recall buying anything for that amount thinking it was a mistake.  She said she received it a second time so she called the number but no one picked up so she disregarded it a second time.  It's now April and she received a letter from Higbee & Associates representing "Adlife Marketing & Communications Co. Inc., [...]a photographer who earns a living by licensing his photographs."

So far, I've only researched enough to find ELI Forums and figure out that this is potentially a scam.  I haven't really been able to piece together my next steps from the forums since I lack the knowledge as of right now.  I've been reading the past hour and I'm still unsure where I should begin since no one's situation is exactly like mine.  Can anyone please give me some suggestions or point me in some direction ? I'd really appreciate the help. 

Thank You.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
This is new, you are correct in that the two of them have not been seen together before.  I would need to see the letter to be able to offer you my opinion on it.  Could you send it to me at GregTroy@CABALaw(dot)org, I will look at it and give you my opinion.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Syjung,

As Greg has said, this is news to us that Higbee is representing Adlife Marketing as it has been relatively quiet on the Adlife Marketing letters front. I know Greg has made the request of you before I did but I am making the request of you also.

If you could, please email me (matt30060 at gmail) your Higbee letter representing Adlife Marketing and I will make sure your letter gets looked at. The ELI team is definitely interested in this one as both have made some noise individually but never seen a joint effort/collaboration.  For good measure, I will also email a copy to Oscar Michelen for his comments as he will be interested as well.

We will report back here on the ELI Forums for the benefit of our readership.

Hello,

I'm new to the ELI forums and I'm looking for some advice on my situation.  I see some posts related to Higbee Associates and also posts about Adlife Marketing but none of the two together.  My parents own a small deli and received the $8,000 invoice sometime last November over a picture I used to decorate the website.  She didn't know what it was so she threw away the letter and invoice because she did not recall buying anything for that amount thinking it was a mistake.  She said she received it a second time so she called the number but no one picked up so she disregarded it a second time.  It's now April and she received a letter from Higbee & Associates representing "Adlife Marketing & Communications Co. Inc., [...]a photographer who earns a living by licensing his photographs."

So far, I've only researched enough to find ELI Forums and figure out that this is potentially a scam.  I haven't really been able to piece together my next steps from the forums since I lack the knowledge as of right now.  I've been reading the past hour and I'm still unsure where I should begin since no one's situation is exactly like mine.  Can anyone please give me some suggestions or point me in some direction ? I'd really appreciate the help. 

Thank You.

clist

• On your side
    • View Profile
"a photographer who earns a living by licensing his photographs."

You would think that people who distribute form letters demanding thousands of dollars would at least try to have some variation in the text... smh..

The quoted text here makes me think that this letter may be identical to the Youngson demand letters....
Knowledge isn't free - you have to pay attention.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.