Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: LCS - Alamy  (Read 2865 times)

kjohnson

• View Profile
LCS - Alamy
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »
Hi - i am new to this forum, but am here because i recently received a letter from LCS on behalf of Alamy, which is almost identical to those posted elsewhere on this site.  I have a unique situation, where I am a little lost as to how to proceed and am looking for any insight.

I recently purchased a magazine company (less than 5 months ago), which already had its web presence established.  The letter from Alamy/LCS is claiming the copyright infringement took place on an archived page on the site from 2014.  As a result - i really don't have any way to prove or disprove if the image was acquired through proper channels.  Furthermore, I wasn't the company that authorized the use, implemented and placed the image.  Lastly, since the article was from 2014 (and didn't appear in print) - i didn't receive any profit off its usage.

They are only asking from $145, however I am confused as to if i should be responsible for it.
Does anyone have any insight?

The-Gobbler

• View Profile
Re: LCS - Alamy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:18:41 PM »
If only all trolls were so reasonable.  You should thank god they're only asking $145.  Most of the serious trolls would be asking 20x that much, regardless of whether you actually did anything wrong. 

Do you have a DMCA agent registered? Look that up and see.  It will protect you if someone else uses a bad image. If you have one you can reply and tell them about it and they should go away. Naturally you should also appologize and take down the image.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.