Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile case and a dead defendant  (Read 2225 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Masterfile case and a dead defendant
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:10:36 AM »
In Masterfile v. Chaga, this long-running case represented by our own Oscar Michelen appears to have a legal complication. It appears that Masterfile is now dealing with the issue of a dead defendant (or one of them, I am not sure).

In a Motion to Vacate judgment filed September 29, 2014, that document appears to reveal that one of the defendants, Michael Tidd is "now deceased."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/241566734/Masterfile-v-Chaga-Motion-to-Vacate-Judgment

In a direct quote written by Masterfile lawyer, Steven Weinberg (or is that "Whine"berg?)

Defendants’ counsel Oscar Michelen has advised the undersigned counsel for Plaintiff that because of certain complications relating to the estate of Defendant Michael Tidd, now deceased, he lacks authority to stipulate to this Motion on behalf of the Defendants’, and will provide the Court with an explanation relating to this issue.

Apparently, the Masterfile v. Chaga case has become quite inconvenient for MasterFAIL. Masterfile tried the case an initially lost.  ON appeal, they "won".  But since then, a defendant dies along the way?  WTF.

It sounds like to me MasterFAIL is failing again spending money on legal fees only to get little or nothing.  Even when they win, they appear to lose AGAIN! Sounds like karma at work if you ask me.

What is next?

Does MasterFAIL plan on going after the "estate of Michael Tidd" (monies/assets going to Mr. Tidd's family)?

Let's all see how low MasterFAIL and Stevie "Whineberg" will go in this case. I am very interested in seeing how this all this turns out. I would really like to speak to any family members of Mr. Tidd regarding this situation and get their take on Masterfile as it relates to this unfortunate event in their lives.

I have to believe that Mr. Tidd died of health reasons or an accident, not this lawsuit.  However, what if the family came out and told the world that this Masterfile lawsuit indeed added stress and accelerated the death of Mr. Tidd, that would be stunning and spark outrage. Obviously, they would have to believe this is true and not just say it recklessly. But I believe any friends/family of Mr. Tidd who has any knowledge of this Masterfile lawsuit should speak out if the lawsuit, in any way, contributed to Mr. Tidd's premature demise.

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Masterfile case and a dead defendant
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
I would be very interested in learning more about this case as well.  Thanks for the info Matthew and please keep us posted!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.