Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Lawyer Brandon Sand & Julie Stewart resumes removed by Scribd  (Read 4036 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Lawyer Brandon Sand & Julie Stewart resumes removed by Scribd
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »
It appears that both lawyers Brandon Sand & Julie Stewart had their resumes removed from the ELI Scribd account.  The funny thing is I wasn't notified by Scribd at all since I did receive a DMCA complaint on the Blackline Settlement Demand Letter.

Oscar and I find it amusing that they are embarrassed by their own resumes. They are making every effort to delete them or sanitize them for public consumption. Or maybe they simply don't want their resumes associated with our Scribd account and Hawaiian Art Network. Regardless of the reasons, I don't care.  I can simply report them here and give a quick rundown of their "lengthy" experiences.

A link was found to Julie Stewart's resume here: http://clients.triggersandsparks.com/resumes/julie_stewart.pdf

My guess is that this will be a dead link within a week but I have a copy to report on. I also have Brandon Sand's untarnished resume that includes his colorful musical career. I will simply report on that.  I am not going to fool around with posting those so-called resumes again.  Not worth the hassle.

I will simply post a summary of their prior employment history in the next couple of posts.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Lawyer Brandon Sand & Julie Stewart resumes removed by Scribd
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
This is the summary for Julie Stewart's lawyer resume but it might be a little outdated. You might need to cross-reference her current bio on her website. The resume I have lists utoronto.ca as her domain email address and living in Toronto, ON, M6R 2K7 as her address.

She supposedly has expertise in Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Entertainment Law, Constitution Act 1867, Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms, Legal Research & Analysis, Legal & Academic Writing, English & French translation skills.

She claims she is dynamic & multi-faceted with a passion for human rights and media freedom!  Really?  She is doing a great job with her bogus DMCA complaints in suppressing information.

She claims she has background as an independent documentary filmmaker, a bilingual writer, and experience in legal research and legal databases.

The employment history she lists include:

* Kate Henderson Entertainment & Intellectual Property Law in Toronto, Ontario as a Part-Time Entertainment Law Associate from 2008-present.  The bio on her website says she has broken away from this firm.

* David Asper Centre For Constitutional Rights, The University of Toronto as a Student Participant from 2009-present.

* Canadian Civil Liberties Association in Toronto, Ontario as Articling Student from 2007-2008. She states she was under the supervision of CCLA General Counsel A. Alan Borovoy.

* Faculty Of Law, University Of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario as Research Assistant from 2006-2007. She supposedly worked under Richard Moon.

* Canadian Civil Liberties Association in Toronto, Ontario as Legal Intern in Summer 2006.

* The Green Corridor, University Of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario as legal & research assistant from 2005-2006.  She supposedly worked under the guidance of Professor Rod Strickland and artist Noel Harding.

* Cjam Campus Community Radio at Windsor, Ontario as Legal Advisor & Board Of Directors Member from 2006-2007.

I left out the detailed commentary of each position. After all, I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarism. I just summarized the high points.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:40:15 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Lawyer Brandon Sand & Julie Stewart resumes removed by Scribd
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
Brandon Sand's current Linkedin resume lists only 3 positions.

* IP Clerk at Upper Deck from Jan. 2010 - May 2010
* Attorney at Law as Solo Practitioner from Dec. 2010 to present
* Music Licensing Consultant for SESAC.com from March 2011 to present

He conveniently left out 5 positions from last year's version from Linkedin:

* Music Artist at Paramanu Records from May 2006 - February 2011
* Music Artist at Uncommon Records from January 2004 - February 2009
* Music Artist at Equinox Records from May 2005 - July 2008
* Multimedia Producer at Vision Enhanced Studios from January 2004 - April 2007
* Music Artist at Definitive Jux Records from January 2004 - January 2005

Essentially, he eliminated all trace of his musical career from 2004 until today.

His education includes:

* Southwestern Law School, LL.M., Entertainment and Media Law, 2010 - 2011
* Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., 2007 - 2010. He joined Phi Alpha Delta, Jewish Student Union, Entertainment Law Society here.
* City University of New York-Brooklyn College, B.A., Digital Media, 1999 - 2005

There you have it, the summary of his resume in a nutshell.

He seems much better suited for the music world and not the stock photography world.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:49:42 AM by Matthew Chan »

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.