Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Otto Photograph Copyright Infringment letter  (Read 4138 times)

khamilton

• View Profile
Otto Photograph Copyright Infringment letter
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:42:34 PM »
Hi, I received a letter from a client today (it was actually the 2nd one they had received).  It was from Otto Photograph claiming that we used on of their images on our clients blog.  Anyway, the first letter said they wanted $528.  2 weeks later after no response they sent a 2nd letter saying they owed $636. 

They have the reference id of the image and the blog post of where it was used.

I don't recall where the image was retrieved from but more than likely it was Google images.

I'm really freaking out here because of what other letters could be coming, etc.  Don't know what to do.  I Googled the address and it comes back as Getty Images and the phone # is the same as Pic Scout.

Any advice would be great as this is weighing heavy on me and doesn't look good with the client.

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Otto Photograph Copyright Infringment letter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:36 PM »
First, take down the image in question and all other questionable images.

Second, educate yourself.  There is lots of information on this site regarding how to deal with your situation.  There is no one size fits all strategy.  Get educated, then determine what's best for you and your client.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Otto Photograph Copyright Infringment letter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:55 AM »
do as stinger suggests!, be sure to vet every single image on your clients site, any images you did not create or have a license for are subject to get letters..Chances are good they won't want to deal with you, so you may have to either pay up, or maybe use Oscars letter program, and you would foot the bill to keep your client happy.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.