ELI Forums > Getty Images Letter Forum

Received a Complaint from BWP Media USA

<< < (21/26) > >>

Matthew Chan:
I just did a ELI Support Call for a person and did some research on BWP Media.  IN 2014 alone (as of late August 2014), there are nearly 50 lawsuits filed by BWP Media. By and large, most of the lawsuits are directed towards larger media websites and organizations. However, BWP still bears watching for smaller parties.

In dockets.justia.com, you can find the actual lawsuits being filed. If someone is ambitious enough, these cases can then be cross-referenced with PACER to see the individual outcomes. I did not take the time to see if Sanders Law actually filed the lawsuits themselves or if they are "paper tigers" like "Timmy Mack" of (infamous McCormack Law fame).

The person I consulted with was largely engaging in a hobby website from his home. I believe he is of low risk right now as there is little money to be had if BWP Media decided to sue. AS with all the people I consult with (but don't provide legal advice), people have a direct line to me for any sudden status changes. I can then send them in the right direction if the matter escalates.

On the case I consulted on, Sanders has the paralegal, Stacy Berkowitz, sending out these notification emails. Interestingly, I saw no specific dollar amounts being requested.

andru:

--- Quote from: JLorimer on August 20, 2014, 11:19:35 PM ---In my experience, a very strongly worded reply turned them away.  I based my reply on what others here have used against Getty and other trolls.  The request for additional proof, as well as a show of self-defense, seems to effectively turn them away most of the time.

--- End quote ---

Read through the entire thread - was curious though, what was the gist of the reply? I'd like to replicate it was I received something from Sanders in snail mail today, representing FameFlynet for a user posting a couple of images on my Web site (uploaded to the server.) I would like to respond in a similar fashion, strongly worded, etc!

JLorimer:
I don't mind sharing the contents of my letter. I sort of have a process for my own sanity though. Since my SOL isn't up yet and I haven't outed myself personally, I don't want to cause any extra trouble for myself if Sanders happens to follow what I do here. I like to learn a little about the situation before sharing the text. Feel free to email or PM me for further discussion.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms):
Very wise JLorimer.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
ditto

--- Quote from: Jerry Witt (mcfilms) on September 04, 2014, 11:32:57 AM ---Very wise JLorimer.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version