Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: School tutor  (Read 9174 times)

Figaro14

• View Profile
Re: School tutor
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
I hadn't heard anything for over a month and then yesterday got another Getty email stating I owed them the $800+   I wrote back that I had received a letter from Vistaprint maintaining that they held the rights to all images in the Vistaprint image gallery.  I added that I had since discovered quite a few images in the Vistaprint gallery that were exact matches for what GettyImages also claims are theirs, and that to avoid any confusion regardless of who has the rights, none of these images appear on my website. I let them know that if they took the matter further, I'd simply present my Vistaprint letter in court.   I'm wondering at this point if I should stop replying to GettyImages.  I'd be eager to know if others just stopped replying to the GettyImages email demands?

kingkendall

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
@Figaro14

You've done enough already by communicating with them thinking you can have a rational exchange.  But, in my opinion it doesn't work that way because copyright trolls only sing one tune--pay up or else we'll sue you.  So why bother?  You sound like you got your ducks line up in a row.  Getty is trying to shake you.  Don't let them do it and continue living your life.   

GWB1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 01:55:24 PM »
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I can't figure out how to start my own thread.  Can someone tell me how to start my own thread here?  Looked everywhere but can't seem to find how to begin.  Thank you.

GWB1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »
Never mind.  I figured it out. 

Figaro14

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »
I brought my problem to Vistaprint, and I received a reply letter from the copyright department at Vistaprint that stated that they had a license for all the images in their image gallery.  I forwarded it onto GettyImages;  they ignored it and sent me another email requesting payment of $833. Since my website contained a combination of my own pictures and generic pictures of school students that I had taken from Vistaprint, I decided to do a search using Microsoft Edge.  I don't think you can search photos with other browsers.  But if you right click on the image and select "Ask Cortana" she will match the image with the same image found elsewhere or other similar images.  I found at least four other images that matched EXACT images

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 05:24:41 PM »
You can also do reverse image searches in any web browser using TinEye: https://www.tineye.com/
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.