Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: SOL finally passed  (Read 3557 times)

JohnDoe

• View Profile
SOL finally passed
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »
Three years ago I received one of those notorious Getty letters.  I freaked a little, took the (unknowingly) offending pic down fro the website and started doing some online research.  I found this forum and it helped keep my blood pressure and heart rate down as I continued to receive letters from McCormack and Co.  Today marks the 3 year SOL passing.  I wanted to shoot a quick note to thank everyone for their advice and encouragement.  I'm off to throw the Getty file in the trash.

stinger

• View Profile
Re: SOL finally passed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
Congratulations JohnDoe.

But please don't throw that file in the trash.  I am notorious at tossing my trash, but in this case, I have held on in the event some lawyer might need my experience with Getty in helping to make his case.  I am not about revenge, but when there is a serious wrong in the world, I am certainly about doing my part to help right that wrong.

My opinion is that the world we live in would certainly be a better place without Getty and all their offshoots.  If I get my chance, I will participate in improving this world, and I hope you will consider that, too.

Engel Nyst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »
Congrats and thanks for the heads-up, JohnDoe. Really cool that you registered just to tell people, and it's actually great to know that people may in silence use all this material here to help them.

JohnDoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »
Thanks.  I had actually registered under a different name back when it first happened but then I realized that it might not have been anonymous enough  :D

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »
Congrats but be vigilant.  One never knows when you get another nasty extortion letter from an unexpected place.

Three years ago I received one of those notorious Getty letters.  I freaked a little, took the (unknowingly) offending pic down fro the website and started doing some online research.  I found this forum and it helped keep my blood pressure and heart rate down as I continued to receive letters from McCormack and Co.  Today marks the 3 year SOL passing.  I wanted to shoot a quick note to thank everyone for their advice and encouragement.  I'm off to throw the Getty file in the trash.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.