Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Sued by Cartoon Stock for One Image On Website - but variation of theirs  (Read 31335 times)

scraggy

• View Profile
Getty/Picscout can collect. They are the experts! But , in my opinion, they cannot sue. Only the owner of the copyright or the owner of the exclusive license can sue. In this case, the artist MAY have transferred these rights to the company in Bath , England. But then again, the artists may not even have done this . The stock photo companies are subcontracting the extortion letters/ collection part of the business to Picscout/Getty.  But they cannot subcontract/ transfer the right to sue. This is not a transferable right.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
@scraggy
Agreed and I don't think they would.  I think the most they would do is send out a letter like Mr. McCormack's "Final notice" letter stating if payment is not received then they will recommend their client to pursue the claim legally. 
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.