Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Status of VKT and HAN cases  (Read 3456 times)

Dee

• View Profile
Status of VKT and HAN cases
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
I am trying to read through all these legal docs but I am not an attorney and its confusing.
Can someone sum up where this is.  From what I can see Aloha Plastic Surgery forgot to file an answer but then finally did, and now plaintiff is moving to strike it?  Did they lose or is this still open?

The other 2 appear to be fighting still?  Are they trying to show the entrapment? 

SO if a judge finds that this is entrapment/extortion, what happens to all the people who have settled already?  They can turn around and now sue him for their money back right?  He should be pretty concerned right now.   Probably thought he had a nice little scheme going and now that its being exposed and realized he has now opened himself up to lose everything if he is sued.

So the law now basically says you can take one picture and then collect unlimited times.  Something that costs $1000 has the potential now to be worth millions?  I get that people need to protect their copyrights, but without some kind of limit or monitoring, this is going to get worse and worse as more crooks realize what a lucrative opportunity this is.  It seems the best way to combat this is to change the law and make sure that before someone can collect for infringement, they have to show that they have made reasonable attempts to protect their images and remove them from distributing sources.  Does this not exist??  Because if it did, VAK could not have collected a dime.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.