Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Zvulony Settlement Demand Letter by Canadian Lawyer Gil Zvulony  (Read 10637 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Zvulony Settlement Demand Letter by Canadian Lawyer Gil Zvulony
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
Hawaiian Art Network has hired a new Canadian lawyer named Gil Zvulony (http://zvulony.ca) and one of our readers submitted a copy of their demand letter to us.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/75596582/Zvulony-Settlement-Demand-Letter

For the record, this is a very heavy-handed and nasty-looking letter directed to a 67-year old, semi-retired Canadian woman.  It looks like HAN is now in the business of bullying older, semi-retired women.

Read the outrageous accusations and wording of it.  Please note that he is asking $10,000 for 2 images. I was informed that those two images can be bought for $10 each.

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Peeved

Re: Zvulony Settlement Demand Letter by Canadian Lawyer Gil Zvulony
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »
DISGUSTING!

The "wording" INDEED! The last line is appalling! "Your prompt attention to this matter will save you considerable time, expense and embarrassment".

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:09:35 PM by Peeved »

Lettered

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
two images = "massive" infringement?  wow . . .  Would be funny if these kinds of things weren't causing so much anguish.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
"moral rights infringements" is what got me...naturally I looked it up and this would apply if someone were to remove copyright info, such as a watermark, signature or exif information.. you can see in the images in the lower right, that V.K.Tylor signature/watermark is still there, although I have seen some of the wallpaer site it is not visable...Maybe Mr. Zvulony & Co. should consider looking into the morals of Hawaiian Art Network and V.K. Tylor, then afterward adjust their own moral compass...just say'in...
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Peeved

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:10:03 AM »
That guy looks like he should be in the movie "Zoolander". lol
Buddhapi's link is ok... linked content doesn't infringe.  also lol.

S.G.

summer99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
I just talked on the phone to another 61 year old senior woman in western Canada who received a letter from Gil Zvulony. She took the picture off a free website  and is now being asked to send a certified cheque for $5000. Her letter is exactly the same as mine except she only used one picture. She had seen my letter posted on the www.extortionletterinfo.com website and emailed me .

I wonder how many more people  (especially in Canada) are there that are getting these letters and are afraid or worried about  what to do.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
I just talked on the phone to another 61 year old senior woman in western Canada who received a letter from Gil Zvulony. She took the picture off a free website  and is now being asked to send a certified cheque for $5000. Her letter is exactly the same as mine except she only used one picture. She had seen my letter posted on the www.extortionletterinfo.com website and emailed me .

I wonder how many more people  (especially in Canada) are there that are getting these letters and are afraid or worried about  what to do.

While we don't have actual numbers, I would venture to guess it is a number you would not want to hear.. I know of at least 5 just from HAN this week alone, Getty reportedly sends out 1000's per year (or so I've heard / read)

Robert Krausankas

tinktote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
Received same letter

How should one proceed

Peeved

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »
Received same letter

How should one proceed

Were you given a registered copyright number regarding the alledged infringed photos?

I still can only find FIVE registered works for Vincent K Tylor and three of those five are also registered under "Hawaiian Landmark Images".

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
Hawaiian Landmark Images is owned by V.K.Tylor, I'm sure there was no proof of registration offered, just another very heavy handed attempt from "Lawyer" Gil Zvulony to scare someone into paying, the fear factor seems to really ruffle people when there is an extra zero added onto the number..

We can't really tell anyone "how to proceed" we can only offer up advice, experience and some basic facts. It always rests with the individual letter recipient to make the final decision on how to proceed..

Robert Krausankas

concerned

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
I received a registered letter from Zvulony identical to the one posted here asking for $5000.00 for one image.  The picture in question was downloaded from a "free downloads" wallpaper site as well.  The name of the picture is not one of the ones in the copyright list of Tylor's noted here. (if the names of the pictures mean anything).

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »

Zvulony is trying to brand himself as some sort of Internet law "guru".
But, I can't find Zvulony's name on any Canadian Federal court dockets.
So, he hasn't really done shit.

I saw him on a little news piece for about 10 seconds talking about that hockey player who allegedly had some nude photos posted on the web.
Of course, Zvulony claims that the photos are "copyright infringement" as if the guy's penor is "copyrighted".
But seriously, if the photos are real, then the copyright of the photos lies as much in the girlfriend who "created" the photo, as the person in the photo.
Of course, those brainwashed into thinking that a copyright lawsuit can solve any problem might say otherwise.

S.G.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
No matter with lawyer they use,(though this one seems experienced) the pattern for HAN seems to be the same.  Its always over VK Tylor's images, they always claim you removed his signature from the corner of the image and they seem to only sue in Hawaii over Hawaiian companies' alleged infringements.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.