Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Funny Response Letter to Prenda Law  (Read 7587 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Funny Response Letter to Prenda Law
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:03:49 AM »
I found this article and got a chuckle out of the response letter it contained to Joseph Perea of Prenda Law.

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2012/06/23/properly-respond-to-a-demand-letter-never-hear-from-blackmailers-again/

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:56:20 PM by Greg Troy (KeepFighting) »
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Funny Response Letter to Prenda Law
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
That is a great letter!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
This letter also opens up a new line for us to research: the state laws relating to "theft by deception" or obtaining property or money by "false pretenses."

It appears to me that Getty and McCormack seem guilty of this, but I'd like to hear what some of the rest of you think.

Below is the link to a pretty good article on Wikipedia, which begins, "Obtaining property by false pretenses is when a person obtains property by intentionally misrepresenting a past or existing fact."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_pretenses

Detailed information about each state can also be found with Google.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
This letter also opens up a new line for us to research: the state laws relating to "theft by deception" or obtaining property or money by "false pretenses."

It appears to me that Getty and McCormack seem guilty of this, but I'd like to hear what some of the rest of you think.

Below is the link to a pretty good article on Wikipedia, which begins, "Obtaining property by false pretenses is when a person obtains property by intentionally misrepresenting a past or existing fact."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_pretenses

Detailed information about each state can also be found with Google.

way ahead of you here, that was the first thing that caught my attention, when they cited arizona  law.. it's on my list of things to look into, unless someone else would like this task, as I'm currently working on a different "secret mission"
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.