Click Official ELI Links
Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Getty Images Letter Forum / copyrightcorrect web details
« Last post by henry1 on April 28, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
Users of the forum may find this site useful www.copyrightcorrect.com

They have a lot of experience of the stock industry and will check web sites for every image highlighting through a report those which may possibly be subject to license conditions. We found their service very useful and now use their free on going service where I can send an image to them and they check if we are able to use it or not.

They apparently set up to help small business not fall foul of copyright infringement lessening the issue before the letter arrives or checking a site after you have received a demand as many business users have found the are in breach several times. We subsequently removed seven images from our site and we know 'historical' searched may find them, but if already removed you have a better case.
Getty Images Letter Forum / Re: New Pixsy letter
« Last post by clist on April 27, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
But the BIGGEST issue is that I got it from Pexels.com, which is a free license website! I explained this to Pixsy and sent evidence, but they've come back to say it's still my responsibility to contact the original photographer to confirm that an image is free license. Having looked into the law I now realise this to be true, though incredibly unfair. Who thinks or has time to double check free license websites?!

This is why I no longer use any "free to use" image sites.

Because you never really know who's on the other end and if the work being uploaded is even theirs.

Good luck
Getty Images Letter Forum / Re: Agence France Presse
« Last post by Fennel_ on April 27, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
So, do you suggest that we ignore their threats at this point, or respond requesting proof of the copyright?
Getty Images Letter Forum / Re: New Pixsy letter
« Last post by drunkenwerewolf on April 27, 2017, 03:49:57 AM »
Hello,

I'm experiencing something similar and I'm already glad to have found this forum! Pixsy contacted me last week to complain about an image I've been using on my non-profit blog. They are asking for $250 to expunge the unlicensed use and to allow for a further year's use. Lots of issues with this: to me $250 is a lot of money, I don't really want to continue to use the image if it means paying for it, and there are multiple free alternatives out there as it's only a picture of sheet music. But the BIGGEST issue is that I got it from Pexels.com, which is a free license website! I explained this to Pixsy and sent evidence, but they've come back to say it's still my responsibility to contact the original photographer to confirm that an image is free license. Having looked into the law I now realise this to be true, though incredibly unfair. Who thinks or has time to double check free license websites?!

I'm arguing my point and trying to at least get a reduced fee considering $250 also seems a lot for a license when I didn't earn any money from its use. I'd be interested to know how this pans out for you as it sounds like you've been in conversation with them about similar unreasonable-ness for much longer!

Tiff
I thought this might happen and said as much when I found out that in addition to AdLife Marketing pulling their images from iStock they were pulling their images from LSA/Creative Outlet as well.  That happened on March 1st and I asked the question how long until we start to see a rash of new letters being sent out. 

In my opinion it seems the business model of AdLife seems to be shifting more and more to the copyright trolling side. 
not to worry, they're coming..I'll take a stab and say nearly 100 or so...just a hunch
A second Higbee Letter on behalf of Adlife Marketing was sent me to me.  This time around, it was $4,000.

Based on the two letters I have seen so far, there appears to be some variance in the proposed settlement amounts. Remember, the numbers shown in the letters are not absolute. Everything is negotiable.

I suspect there are probably more of these Higbee letters on behalf of Adlife Marketing that will be making the rounds or appear again.

Based on this very small sampling, there does not yet appear to be a tidal wave of these Higbee/Adlife letters yet.
I wonder if Jack W. Pirozzolo , Esq. ,Kenyon D. Colli , Esq. , of Sidley Austin LLP  and Gregory P. Howard , Esq. of Donovan & O'Connor, LLP know about the blog "voices of jupiter florida .com" and that their "Client" Joel Albrizio is the person behind it, pretending to be a woman, making borderline defamatory posts... If they are a well respected law firm, one would think they may not like this behavior very much...I suspect its only a matter of time before it all become very clear to them who they are dealing with.

I disagree.  Most lawyers and law firms love that kind of client because they don't have to work hard to generate more billable hours.  The work just magically keeps appearing.
I wonder if Jack W. Pirozzolo , Esq. ,Kenyon D. Colli , Esq. , of Sidley Austin LLP  and Gregory P. Howard , Esq. of Donovan & O'Connor, LLP know about the blog "voices of jupiter florida .com" and that their "Client" Joel Albrizio is the person behind it, pretending to be a woman, making borderline defamatory posts... If they are a well respected law firm, one would think they may not like this behavior very much...I suspect its only a matter of time before it all become very clear to them who they are dealing with.

The attorney makes more money by writing a letter and following up than by right clicking and finding out that no infringement occurred.  If you have a client willing to pay, some attorneys are just going to take their money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.