Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: The LE/LL/DP Forum has been taken down!  (Read 10339 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
The LE/LL/DP Forum has been taken down!
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
As many in our ELI Family know, I lost the court case with LE.  A Permanent Protective Order (PPO) was issued against me. The specifics of that PPO is unknown at this time.  The ruling has made a lot of people unhappy given that there was a lot of good information in that forum and it was a valued communication platform.  Unfortunately, I was forced to shut it down and block the information within. My constitutional right to Freedom of Speech is now being blocked and information that was freely shared is now being quashed.

Right now, I am working with a team to raise money for an ELI Legal Fund to reverse this ruling through an appeal in the Georgia Court of Appeals so that I may restore my Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Information.

As unbelievable as it may sound, Freedom of Speech can be taken away in 2013. I will explain how this can happen sometime soon.

More information and updates will be released sometime in the future.  For now, the LE/LL/DP will remain closed. No discussions of LE will be permitted on the ELI Forums at this time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:57:57 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: The LE/LL/DP Forum has been taken down!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:55:32 AM »
Matthew, not only has your rights been steeped on, but the entire ELI community's right to free speech has been effected. This will not go unnoticed, and some big players will want to get involved here in the very near future.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
Robert, it turns out your prediction from last year came true!

The legal team and legal advisors on my side going into the home stretch include:

* Oscar Michelen
* Bill McKenney
* Eugene Volokh
* Aaron H. Caplan
* Darren Summerville
* Leighton Moore
* The Electronic Frontier Foundation

Not a bad legal team at all for a guy who started out all by himself.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:10:46 AM »
This forum was restored to full visibility but subsequently placed on Archive / Read Only Status after our GA Supreme Court victory in 2015. This forum is not longer active and preserved for archival purposes.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.