Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Columbus Ledger-Enquirer Covers GA Supreme Court Victory of Chan v. Ellis  (Read 8129 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
One of the most "fairest" and most objective articles written about my case comes from the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. I commend Stephanie Pedersen for doing such a fine job and I intend to send her my thanks. I would have rather her not written an article about me in the city I lived but I also understand it was an important and significant story for Columbus, GA. In many ways, she did me a service which puts notice to everyone that online free speech in GA is not to be trifled with and certainly not through the GA anti-stalking statute law.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/03/27/3640018_georgia-supreme-court-overturns.html?rh=1
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Columbus Ledger-Enquirer Covers GA Supreme Court Victory of Chan v. Ellis
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:04:00 AM »
This very disappointing. The newspaper went through a major software platform overhaul and all the great comments written are now gone. They preserved the text of the article but everything else was washed away.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/crime/article29437783.html

I wish I had kept a copy of my original comments. I don't think I can recreate the comments of how I felt at that time. I made some very pointed and directed comments for everyone to read. Also, Oscar Michelen himself made some good comments also.

The person who gets the most benefit from this change is Elizabeth "Betsy" McBride, the local attorney who made so many embarrassing mistakes that led to this fiasco to begin with.

Taking on this case against me was a major "blackeye" on her terrible performance and tremendously embarrassing for so many reasons.  She and her ally lawyer Timmy B. McCormack were spanked so hard in the Georgia Supreme Court, all captured on video for legal history.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.