Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: ELI Response to the March 15, 2013 Marietta Daily Journal Article  (Read 7167 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
This is the official ELI Response to the March 15, 2013 Marietta Daily Journal Article "Poet says she is the target of ‘online cult leader's’ cyber stalking" written by Bridgette Bonner.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/eli-response-to-march-15-2013-marietta-daily-journal-article/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:22:39 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: ELI Response to the March 15, 2013 Marietta Daily Journal Article
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
It is my opinion that the article is not a balanced and fair portrayal of what happened and the issues before the court. It is important for everyone to realize that this ruling came down even though Matt Chan never met or called or went to the complainant's house. In fact, the complainant's regular referral of this as "cyber-stalking" in media accounts AFTER the order was issued reflects exactly what I am saying.  This is not a cyber-stalking statute as Georgia courts have held that merely posting negative information about someone does not violate the statute.   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:46:39 PM by Greg Troy (KeepFighting) »

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
It's too bad your MDJ comments were removed. It would have added a different dimension to that long string of reader comments.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

jhvocals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
The long string of reader's comments is extremely interesting.  I find it incredibly encouraging that the attempt to use the PPO to publicly humiliate Matthew is backfiring. 

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.