Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Matthews complaint / order posted  (Read 10087 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Matthews complaint / order posted
« on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
I have posted the PPO on copyright-trolls for whomever wishes to openly comment....try to behave yourselves! I will approve any comments as quickly as I can...

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/copyright-troll-squelches-free-speech/

Matthew Chan PPO with Oscar Michelen Statement
http://www.scribd.com/doc/129719047/ELI-Permanent-Protective-Order
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:03:45 AM by Matthew Chan »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

jhvocals

• View Profile
Re: Matthews complaint / order posted
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
Thank you for that. I'm really at a loss trying to understand the judge's decision. I'm personally hoping for an appeal. I believe the scrutiny it will create in the world of public opinion can only help ELI and the cause of free speech.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
Thanks for the support jhv

Nodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Just wanted to say that it's now over 1 year since I received my Getty letter. It's only thanks to ELI that I gained the peace of mind that enabled me to fight back. I've only recently been catching up on the events of the last month or so. There has obviously been much going on behind the scenes with the change in the hosting so many thanks to Matthew and Robert for your efforts in keeping ELI up and running.

With respect to the court ruling the main thing that has bugged me is the removal of all posts, not just the ones that supposedly caused so much distress. As I understand it the ruling has put a block on any future posts related to this topic, regardless of how factual or inoffensive they may be. If this doesn't impinge on our free speech then I don't know what does.

I'm just thinking out loud here but I was wondering if there was anything the ELI community could do as a whole to help. Is there any way that the factual information that has gone missing along with the removal of the forum be put back up in the public domain. Would I for example be able to put up a single (non postable) page on a free hosting site or blog or something. Would you be able to link to it from ELI? I'm not all that techie so not sure what's involved. Is there anything else we could do?

Thanks again,

John

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
Congratulations on Getting your first year behind you, that is a milestone!

Unfortunately right now the only thing that Matthew can do is work on his appeal, you may also wish to contribute to his defense fund.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Nodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »
Ok, if that's the best way to help - just made a small donation. I'm afraid I have a lot more time than I do money.

John

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »
Thank you very much John, everything helps!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
Sometimes I think that our “Friends” behave like terrorists: They attack everybody regardless of their situation to reach their goal. If somebody fights back they try to hide behind innocent people or they use innocent people not to get caught. If they get caught they complain all day that they are not treated fair.

Khan

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.