Retired Forums > ELI Responses: Media Coverage of Chan v. Ellis Case

Read the July 21, 2014 Ars Technica Article: ELI Case going to GA Supreme Court

(1/1)

Matthew Chan:
Read the July 21, 2014 follow-up article by Ars Technica reporting on the ELI PPO case now going to the GA Supreme Court.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/07/ga-supreme-court-to-reconsider-sweeping-gag-order-against-anti-troll-site/

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
This is a great article and I am glad to see the Ars Technica and others are still following the story.  Thanks for sharing Matthew!

Lettered:
Good read.  I've been following the case as much as possible through the documents posted online.  Unless I am mistaken the following statement from the ARS Technica article is inaccurate:

--- Quote ---After initially refusing to hear the case, the state's highest court reversed course in an order last week.
--- End quote ---

My understanding was that the state's highest court (state supreme court) has never refused to hear this case . . . it was the court of appeals that initially refused to send it up to the state supreme court .

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
You are correct Lettered and Matthew made the correction in the comments of the article and let the editor know too.

BTW, nice to see you back :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version