Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Read March 27, 2013 Alex Jones' Infowars / Prison Planet Article about ELI & PPO  (Read 5845 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
I was not aware of this article written last year by Alex Jones' Prison Planet / Infowars about me, ELI, and the PPO.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/court-ruling-threatens-internet-first-amendment-freedom.html

http://www.infowars.com/court-ruling-threatens-internet-first-amendment-freedom/

What is important about this article is that it provides a link to the case, United States vs. Carmichael (2004) where the government sought a protective order to shut down Carmichael's website because it was allegedly threatening witnesses and government agents.

However, the Court found that the protective order sought by the government was not warranted because it was not enough of a threat to put a restraint on Carmichael's speech or his constitutional right to investigate his case.

This case appears to have some relevance to my appeal now with the GA Supreme Court.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:41:53 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.