Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: "Turn pirates into customers: a smart approach to the photo problem"  (Read 3661 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Not something Getty Images or the other trolls will ever understand or grasp..

The popularity of image sites like Instagram and Pinterest means more photo sharing — but also more copyright infringement. If we’re to avoid the bitter experience of the music industry, image owners should look to Dreamstime’s example of turning infringers into customers.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/11/13/turn-pirates-into-customers-a-smart-approach-to-the-photo-problem/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
Re: "Turn pirates into customers: a smart approach to the photo problem"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
Great article, but will likely fall on deaf ears at Getty and McCormack.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
ummm, I would imagine it's hard for Getty Images and Timothy B. McCormack to hear much of anything considering how far their collective heads up shoved up their asses..

Great article, but will likely fall on deaf ears at Getty and McCormack.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Thank you for posting this article Robert, perhaps we should start an ongoing list of decent and moral companies who treat their clients, contributors and potential customers with respect and understanding before demanding outrageous sums of money and threatening legal action. The first two that would come to mind would be Dreamstime from the article Robert posted and of course the Jack Daniels company with their absolutely amazing cease-and-desist letter ever where they actually offered to help the author paid to redesign his book cover which resembled the Jack Daniels label. They also did not even ask him to do anything with the books already in print. The world needs more companies like these two.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/linda-ellis-lindas-lyrics-dash-poem-letters-forum/jack-daniels-sends-the-nicest-cease-and-desist-letter-ever!/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
Getty and McCormack would never go for this kind of sensible model because they want $875 per image instead of $8. They could care less about long-term customer loyalty and additional sales because with Getty's prices they're not going to make many sales anyway.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.