Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: (No subject)Getty Images Settlement  (Read 2459 times)

BPONY

• View Profile
(No subject)Getty Images Settlement
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:18:06 PM »

30/01/2014 13:44
Liliana Carrillo
Hello;
I am writing because we are having the same situation with a client. I have a small company of web site design in newyork and my client received a settlement of getty images for $ 780.00 and I have been talking with them and I fell to $ 500.00 I offered them $ 150.00 and I contestaton who was with the mccormack lawyer and they said that getty images declined my offer for $ 150.00. I talk to my lawyer and tells me to go to court. But I dont know how ley.El settlement is against my client but who really use my photo was one designed my contractor.
We should do thanks for your help.
I send you a donation for your help,

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: (No subject)Getty Images Settlement
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:40:15 PM »
If they are going after a client of yours I would recommend using Oscar's Letter Program.  They will keep bothering your client.

As far as going to court it is highly unlikely that Getty will sue your client over a single image, if they were it would be done in Federal Court.

We have had several web developers whose clients have received Getty letters and many of them have used Oscar.  Once Oscar send Getty a letter they con no longer contact your client.

In the mean time keep reading the forums and educate yourself before trying to contact Mr. McCormack again.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.