Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: A new tag #gettyflubs  (Read 5009 times)

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
A new tag #gettyflubs
« on: March 08, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
There are so many threads on ELI that mentions serious gaffs on the part of Getty Images. They include mis-identifying the image, claiming the amount they are trying to collect is ten times higher, identifying the wrong person or business -- the list is quite long. I am going to start replying to these with a tag: #gettyflubs. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Why?

In the event that GI decides to take legal action against anyone, I think it would be valuable to be able to show a history of what can best be described as sloppy business practices. Being able to do a search for threads with "#gettyflubs" will make it much easier to collect all the times they've messed up and show a history of how frequently the company "got it wrong."
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: A new tag #gettyflubs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
That's thinking Jerry!

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
Thanks Oscar! It's great to see you 'round hear. You really are unstoppable.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »
Let's hope the latest flub is mcCormack's attempt to paint the truth in going after Oscar and Matthew.  As a lawyer, he should be held to a higher standard.  I hope his playing fast and loose with the facts comes back to bite him in a big way.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
I have a few post I will mark as well, I really like this idea Jerry!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »
Nice! I had some of those in mind. Glad you had a minute to get around to it.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »
This will be a very busy couple of weeks for  but I will be here each day reading and I'll post if I have time.

Nice! I had some of those in mind. Glad you had a minute to get around to it.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
Is there a tagging feature for the admin inside Simple Machines Forum?  If not, is there an addin? (If not... one could likely be written. Clearly what we would want is for the administrator to identify something as a "flub".  We might want to think of a "type of flub" category.

* hot linking.
* mis-identified image.
* no license.
* after we have two or three in a category we can write a post discussing the 'type' of flub and pointing to the tags.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.