Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: A Taste of their own medicine ? Getty Images get sued by photographers  (Read 14117 times)

dorim

• View Profile
Re: A Taste of their own medicine ? Getty Images get sued by photographers
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
It sounds like great news for us! I'll be checking in all the time for updates!

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »
There are interesting developments regarding Getty Images.  Regarding the publicity angle, this has been in the works recently.  We are simply gathering information from all kinds of sources.  We are listening to the community.

Oscar and I are listening very intently.  There is information that has been brought to our attention that we cannot share at this time.  I am looking forward to making some interesting announcements in the weeks to come.

Getty continues to live in la-la land and they have an incredible amount of negative karma coming at them from another front.

Stay tuned.

Matthew

madetomom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This does help prove our case a great deal. So the
> photographers are suing Getty because their photos
> were sold at a low price for UNTRACKED use.
> UNTRACKED. So, these photos are everywhere on the
> web - so hundreds of us can use them innocently
> and then get settlement demands.
>
> This makes me so angry. I say we take it to
> "press" ourselves. Let's start putting some
> publicity and heat on Getty.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:20:55 AM »
On Wikipedia's Getty's site, they now post an internal memo Getty sent to its contributors in September about a court case that makes it harder for them to get a multiplier of damages. Yet they just sent me a letter claiming they are seeking a multiplier. Here is the link to the site  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_Images

madetomom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »
Just wondering where things stand with getting some public news or publicity sent out to put a little heat on Getty?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
Getty has still not been responded to our most recent letter to them. I would like to see what their new/next/latest position is before moving forward on any affirmative initiatives. In the meantime, we keep seeking those who have paid Getty to see if the photgraphers who are suing Getty ever received any of the money Getty received.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.