Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Adlife CEO Joel Albrizio's Attorney, Daniel Shores, threatens Robert over meme  (Read 5406 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Once again, Adlife Marketing and Copyright Extortionist Crybaby CEO Joel Albrizio legally threatened our Robert Krausankas who also blogs on copyright-trolls.com. Robert has been reporting week after week on Joel Albrizio's various shenanigans and new nuggets of anonymous information keep appearing in his email inbox and text messages on his phone. It doesn't help that Joel made it personal by attacking Robert. After all, it is Joel who is running around threatening people with $8,000 demand letters.

One anonymous submission was a link to a meme of Joel Albrizio.  It is actually a fairly tame meme (I have seen far worse) which shows his photo from his LinkedIn page and some text. Examples can be found on the memegenerator.net website:

https://memegenerator.net/Joel-Albrizio

The meme crybaby Joel is getting all fussy about says, "Dresses Smartly, But Dumb A Fuck". Not entirely flattering but the half the meme's statement is actually a compliment. Someone thinks he "dresses smartly".  Whatever. Almost any guy looks good in a suit.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder78/500x/73445078.jpg

WE don't know who created the memes of Joel on memegenerator.net but he was apparently upset enough to contact "Patent" Attorney Daniel Shores (who had a failed run for Congress in his state) and sent a warning letter to Oscar Michelen, who is representing Robert and copyright-trolls.com, against legal threats by Joel against Robert.

http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/copyright-trolls-need-thick-skin/

It accuses Robert of willful infringement. However, here's the deal. Robert never created the meme or uploaded the image to his website. He only hot-linked to the meme that resided on a different web server.  And supposedly, Attorney Daniel Shores is a respectable PATENT attorney but Danny is too DUMB and MORONIC to know, in which case he will get an embarrassing education from ELI that he could have easily right-clicked the meme to determine the meme's true source.

Ultimately, Oscar wrote a short response to Daniel Shores.

http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/formal-response-to-latest-adlife-marketing-bullshit-letter/

Robert took the meme down because he really didn't have any vested interest in this very tame meme. Robert and I agreed that it wasn't worth the hassle and it would be more fun writing about it and telling everyone what a crybaby he was about that meme. And anyone can find and see the meme for themselves anyhow since it is out on the Internet.

My question to Danny-boy Shores is, how does he feel to be representing and being connected to a copyright extortionist who appears to have a sordid past? Given their attorney-client relationship, maybe Danny-boy needs to have some one-on-one time with Jackass Joel and find out about all the little secrets (tabloid sleaze type of stuff) Joel wants hidden from the public. So now, Google will now show that Daniel Shores represented Joel Albrizio to threaten Robert over a meme he never created or uploaded. How dumb is that? How much did Danny-boy get for that dumb assignment?

I don't have any dog in the fight regarding Joel.  But as long as he keeps on with his $8K extortion letters and Robert keeps telling me stuff about him and ESPECIALLY threaten him, it is hard for me to stay quiet.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:24:38 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
"Well respected Boston Patent Attorney Daniel Shores, not so respected"
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
If Danny wants to run for Congress again and win, being connected to Joel Albrizio's effort to threaten and shut you down over a meme you never created or uploaded is not going to help his reputation. It is downright dumb.

It is embarrassing that a "patent" lawyer cannot even do a right-click on an image to verify its source. Moron.  But then again, that is what happens someone is foolish enough to follow Joel's supreme leadership and work "under" him.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

stinger

• View Profile
The attorney makes more money by writing a letter and following up than by right clicking and finding out that no infringement occurred.  If you have a client willing to pay, some attorneys are just going to take their money.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
I wonder if Jack W. Pirozzolo , Esq. ,Kenyon D. Colli , Esq. , of Sidley Austin LLP  and Gregory P. Howard , Esq. of Donovan & O'Connor, LLP know about the blog "voices of jupiter florida .com" and that their "Client" Joel Albrizio is the person behind it, pretending to be a woman, making borderline defamatory posts... If they are a well respected law firm, one would think they may not like this behavior very much...I suspect its only a matter of time before it all become very clear to them who they are dealing with.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:49:53 PM by Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi) »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
I wonder if Jack W. Pirozzolo , Esq. ,Kenyon D. Colli , Esq. , of Sidley Austin LLP  and Gregory P. Howard , Esq. of Donovan & O'Connor, LLP know about the blog "voices of jupiter florida .com" and that their "Client" Joel Albrizio is the person behind it, pretending to be a woman, making borderline defamatory posts... If they are a well respected law firm, one would think they may not like this behavior very much...I suspect its only a matter of time before it all become very clear to them who they are dealing with.

I disagree.  Most lawyers and law firms love that kind of client because they don't have to work hard to generate more billable hours.  The work just magically keeps appearing.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.