Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Adlife Marketing & Communications ASKING $8,000 for an image  (Read 20695 times)

mfriedman421

• View Profile
Re: Adlife Marketing & Communications ASKING $8,000 for an image
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
No. This is a business in Pennsylvania.

My only communication with the graphic designer was over Skype, and they have been unresponsive for about 4 years now.

I feel like they have me over a barrel at this point.

We keep much more detailed records in-house at this point, but 4-5 years ago we did not, unfortunately.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
Negotiations 101 Tips

1. Don't undersell your position. If they really wanted to sue, they would have already done it. They just want money and to save face.

2. Always make a counter-offer.  Offer $500 then.

3. Remind people of negative consequences of THEIR actions. Believe me, in Joel's case, the second he files any lawsuit on anyone, there will be swarms around him.  There are plenty of people on the Net who know about him.  He has become infamous for being the $8K Food photo schmuck.  Already, there are lots of anonymous people from his past who have known him squealing with "interesting stories" about him.

4. Anything he now does is reflective to ALL his employees. I would hate to be one of his employees. They have to be embarrassed by him. There is a good chance most of them know what is going on now online.

You might be well served if you understand the current dynamic of his situation by reading copyright-trolls.com where the main story for weeks has been CEO Joel Albrizio himself.

We just had our first Word Association game relating to him. You can read into those words what you will. They are singular words subject to interpretation and personal bias.

A representative from AdLife suggested that they would settle for $750. Would we be best served to pay the $750 and be done with it? How do they prove damages in a situation like this? $750 seems high for a small picture of lasagna.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:10:43 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 05:25:13 PM »
A "representative"...this could be douche-bag Joel M. Albrizio - President of Adlife Marketing & Communications, Junkyard Dog Douglas Fleurant - Adlife CFO, Trolless Sharon Ferretti - Adlife Vice President or douche-bag in training Brendon Albrizio...allof the above are well aware of whats going on, and are all guilty of association, I suspect others with the Adlife Offices are also aware...Feel free to share any additional names!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

mfriedman421

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 08:19:32 AM »
We ended up settling. Unfortunately, there was a third party involved that wanted it dealt with as soon as possible. I wanted to fight it and drag it out.

Peeved

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »
We ended up settling. Unfortunately, there was a third party involved that wanted it dealt with as soon as possible. I wanted to fight it and drag it out.

I commend you for coming forward with this information that you settled. I'm sure that was not an easy thing to do considering what has been discovered and posted about Joel Albrizio of Adlife Marketing. I'm just going to post some of the "interesting" highlights from copyright-trolls...

http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/

Comments:
http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-368
http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-370
http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-372
http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-374
http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-375

http://copyright-trolls.com/2.0/we-can-add-joel-abrizio-to-list-of-douche-bag-copyright-trolls/#comment-376

I'm fairly certain that there are many others who have felt the pressure of "settling" due to the inability to track down proof of purchase after much time has passed.

Peeved

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
Thought for the day...

Joel Albrizio of Adlife Marketing would seemingly benefit should copyright-trolls.com suddenly disappear from the web (not that it will happen anytime soon). Hmmmm...just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:14:08 PM by Peeved »

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »
Thought for the day...

Joel Albrizio of Adlife Marketing would seemingly benefit should copyright-trolls.com suddenly disappear from the web (not that it will happen anytime soon). Hmmmm...just my opinion.

I agree with you Peeved but generally if something like that were to happen from what I have seen, if one site goes down and all the underlying information is true and factual then one or two sites will pick up the torch or new sites emerge.  It is imperative that information about these questionable business models and copyright trolls be reported on so when people receive these demand letters they have a place to find the information that they need.  Thank goodness for sites like ELI, Copyright-Trolls, Fight Copyright Trolls, DieTrollDie and others who keep the information out there for those who need it.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Peeved

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 01:18:02 AM »
Thought for the day...

I agree with you Peeved but generally if something like that were to happen from what I have seen, if one site goes down and all the underlying information is true and factual then one or two sites will pick up the torch or new sites emerge.  It is imperative that information about these questionable business models and copyright trolls be reported on so when people receive these demand letters they have a place to find the information that they need.  Thank goodness for sites like ELI, Copyright-Trolls, Fight Copyright Trolls, DieTrollDie and others who keep the information out there for those who need it.

Let me "re-phrase"...

Please allow me to emphasize the word "seemingly". That said, I would most definitely agree with you Greg with regard to "other sources" and continued reporting.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.