Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Announcement: ELI website sold to new owner  (Read 8241 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Announcement: ELI website sold to new owner
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
It is with mixed emotion that I make this announcement.  I was approached by a private party to buy the ELI website. They offered a good sum of money for this small website.

After a great deal of thought and consideration, I think the time is right. As many of you know, I have been subjected to a great deal of stress and ongoing attacks by my enemies. It has worn on me and taken its toll.

I've always said to myself if the right offer came along, I would sell the ELI website. ELI has served its purpose for me.  Well, the right offer has come along by an unexpected party and after great thought and consideration, I am going to accept the offer.

The agreement has been set in place, the money will be wired later today.  When that happens, I will be transferring it to the new owner.  At my buyers request, I cannot reveal the identity of the new owner of ELI. I have signed a Confidentiality Agreement so please don't ask.

They may or may not choose to reveal themselves. But for now, the owner has request anonymity.

I wish there was some easy way to share this news but there isn't.  It is what it is.

I could write a much longer piece but then it would sound self-serving.  So I am keeping it short.

It has been a wild 6 years. See you around on the Net.

Matthew Chan
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:19:35 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

carolinebogart

• View Profile
Re: Announcement: ELI website sold to new owner
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:51:33 PM »
hi Matthew,

I'm glad I found you before you sold. Thank you for the enormous service you have given the community.

Caroline

rock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:22:18 AM »
Matthew,

Is this an april fool day prank?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »
Matthew,

matthew would never do such a thing! it is in fact my uncle that is wiring the funds..he lives in Nigeria, and comes from Royalty.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
I know your uncle, he also has a really good deal on the Brooklyn Bridge too!

Matthew,

matthew would never do such a thing! it is in fact my uncle that is wiring the funds..he lives in Nigeria, and comes from Royalty.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
Robert's uncle? Shoot, my informants said the site was purchased by an attorney in Seattle.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
They are related.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »
My apologies to Robert.  In trying to be funny, perhaps I cut too deeply. 

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »
My apologies to Robert.  In trying to be funny, perhaps I cut too deeply.

no worries, my family is full of douche-bags, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »
Because a few readers have emailed me about this, I want to remind people know that this thread originated on April 1. It was an April Fools joke to instill some joy and happiness into ELI's enemies who desperately want to "put me into the ground" and have a death wish for me and ELI.

Sorry to disappoint them, I plan on being alive and well for some time to come.

I thought the post was self-evident as being an April Fools joke but apparently not. This post should set the record straight that I am not going anywhere and information is still being fed to me.  So keeping the gossip and information nuggets coming. One never knows when ELI gossip will be spilled out into the public.

Alas, no benefactor has not yet elected to pay me a lot of money for ELI. So that means, I still own and manage ELI for the time being.

Sorry for the confusion to our ELI Readers.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »
I apologize for the confusion. My "announcement" was an April Fools joke. I appreciate your kind words nonetheless.

hi Matthew,

I'm glad I found you before you sold. Thank you for the enormous service you have given the community.

Caroline

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 03:08:45 PM »
Yes, rock, it was mostly for ELI'e enemies.  I wanted to make them happy for one day out of the year.   :)

Matthew,

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.