Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: As Cash-Strapped Getty Images Struggles Are Their Contributors Suffering?  (Read 2958 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
I have had an iStock contributor reach out to me and share something interesting.  Apparently right after the announcement that iStock parent company Getty Images burned through 1/3 of their cash reserves in the last quarter of 2014 iStock made several changes to what the contributors have to do to get paid.  The new forms/rules seem to be very confusing to many of iStock's contributors and they are now not receiving their payments.  There are also many complaints that there has not been a support phone number for a few years now and their support emails are not being answered in a timely manner or at all.

The contributor who contacted me directed me to the iStock contributor forum which is rife with complaints such as this...

….The whole thing has been an unreal hassle, from the tax interview not going through, to emails going to getty and taking weeks to be anwsered, often leaving me with both more hoops to jump through and more questions and more delays.  I finally said screw it, use the iStock paperwork and take out the tax, but didn't see that my account was on hold unitll  I filled out the new paperwork.  Funny how my paperwork was just fine for iStock and for every other stock photo agency and client I work with... but not for Getty.

Read the whole story here:

http://goo.gl/QIN5Ag

Here is the link to their forums look for topics containing "Didn't get Paid" and "Balance or payment transfers"

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_threads.php?forumid=14
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.