Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: BuddhaPi has Officially Joined the ELI Defense Team!  (Read 9727 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
BuddhaPi has Officially Joined the ELI Defense Team!
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:59:58 AM »
I am happy to announce that Robert Krausankas of Florida (aka as BuddhaPi here on the forums) has graciously accepted our offer to officially join the ELI Defense Team.

Robert has been an avid and ongoing supporter of the ELI website and mission as well as Oscar and myself.  For nearly two years, Robert (as BuddhaPi) has quietly and modestly continued to soldier on answering questions, making contributions, and keeping a watchful eye on both the ELI forums and the ELI Facebook page. Robert has also demonstrated that he philosophically agrees and understands Oscar's and my approach of maintaining a professional presence and code of conduct for the ELI Team. He also understands where we stand on many of our positions to questions that repeatedly come up.

Robert is volunteering his time to ELI because of his passion for the subject and also to help ensure ELI community continues to be well supported continues forward as both Oscar and I have found ourselves with less time to maintain a forum and Facebook presence. Nevertheless, the ELI Defense Team now consists of the three of us: Oscar, Robert, and I.

I hope Robert will take the time to share some of his thoughts and ideas for the future in this thread.

Please take a moment to thank Robert for stepping up to volunteer his time to the ELI community. I am sure he would appreciate it very much.

Going forward, you will easily spot his posts because he now has a bright green avatar next to his posts.

Matthew
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: BuddhaPi has Officially Joined the ELI Defense Team!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »
Is it to early to ask for a pay increase??  :D

While my original intent was to get myself as educated as possible in these matters, I quickly found myself, wanting to get a bit more involved as to educating the un-educated and doing my part.. My hope is that not only existing users but new users as well will take the wealth of information available here to make informed decisions and also share this education with others in their day to day business dealings. As well all know and understand, there needs to be changes, and the more voices we have the better off we will be in the end.

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:54:58 PM »
Congrats buddhapi!!
You've put a lot of work into your many helpful posts, and we've learned a lot from you.

Thank you!!

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
You've also done more than your share as well!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
Thanks!!
By the way, can you look into my "avatar" issue, buddhapi?
(ha,ha!!)

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
Oddly enough that's not my department, but i notice I have a brand spanking new avatar!

Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:32 PM »
SG,

I made a change to the Avatar and Images policy to allow only ELI Team members to have avatars and to post images. This is mainly to better differentiate visually the ELI team member posts vs. visitors. We have also had some issues with newer visitors post some overly colorful images (due to their anger and frustration) which takes away from the image Oscar and I are trying to portray in these forums.  Strong language is one thing but having overly colorful images takes away from what we are trying to do and often a distraction.

Instead of trying to police it and then reacting to complaints, it was simply easier to restrict it for now.  Right now only 3 of us (that I know of) have avatars. We may open it up again as time goes.

Even BuddhaPi is restricted from changing his avatar (for the time being) mainly because we want newer people to be aware that his posts and responses carry extra weight as an Official ELI Defense Team Member because he now helps to represent Oscar and I during our absence.

Buddhapi was the only other person besides Oscar and I to have an avatar because it was always intended he would have a brand-new ELI avatar. However, because we did not make a public announcement as I intended last month, his original avatar was left up simply as a placeholder.

Hope that settles the issue for now. 

Matthew
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 05:58:27 PM »
I would also like to add to this thread that for the very first time, you can "meet" BuddhaPi, the man behind the ELI Forum posts and the ELI Facebook page posts.

BuddhaPi makes his first public appearance and speaks to the ELI community for the first time in the September 16, 2011 ELI Video update.

You can watch his first interview by clicking the Free Informational Videos link found on the ELI home page.

I hope to talk BuddhaPi into making additional video appearances in future ELI updates.

Matthew

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Thanks for joining ELI in an official capacity BuddhaPi. I always enjoy your posts.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

classaction01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »
It would be interesting to know whether or not SoyletGreen was offered to become part of the “defense team” just as BuddaPi.  We have been watching this website for some time.  SoylentGreen actually has provided a lot of useful information on this website. His participation is second to Oscar Michelen.

Thanks for BuddaPi for his efforts, dedication and time as well.

Matthew is getting lazy and rude too... Oscar does not even write letters he takes money for LOL..

IF YOU HAD NEVER OFFERED SOYLETGREEN TO JOIN YOUR TEAM, SHAME ON YOU!

Soylent has dedicated a lot of his time contributing to this site and has helped many people, he is an integral part of this operation pretty much.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:40:39 AM by classaction01 »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »
I do believe an offer was thrown out to SG, if and how he replied I do not know, But I do know that while speaking with Matt his name was mentioned and he is certainly a very large part of this forum, and I hope he continues to contribute.

Robert Krausankas

Katerina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
BuddhaPi, my sincere congratulations!

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
Buddhapi is correct.
An offer of further participation was offered.
I didn't respond to this; I was caught off guard a bit, but very flattered.

While I consider my legal issues to be largely behind me, if I put my name "out there" at this time, it'll certainly ruffle a few feathers.
If things heat up again, that means that I'll have to come after those involved and make their existence a living hell.
That's lots of fun, but it's also a lot of work.

I also think that posting as "anon" allows some leeway to take things to the "next level" a bit.
Once one is a representative of an organization, the things that one says are taken to represent the views and attitudes of the said organization.

Becoming more involved means becoming more "attorney-like", I think.
That means that one must take a stance in most cases that's essentially more conservative.
Also, as one becomes aware of the personal stories of those involved, you begin to second-guess what you're saying publicly because most people want their info kept private.

But, there's some freedom to being "anon", but also benefits to being a formal part of the "team".
Maybe as things are, there's a good balance now?

S.G.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:36:45 AM by SoylentGreen »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »
I promise not to be more "attorney like"...not that there's anything wrong with attorney's  :-\

Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
I don't know what your beef with us is and why you would take a congratulatory post and twist it into something negative.

But let's set the record straight, as SG has openly acknowledged, I did reach out to SG to see if he wanted to "join" us. It was our way of thanking and recognizing his contributions to our community if he wanted it as we did with Buddhapi.

As SG as eloquently explained, he declined and no offense has been taken. There are pros and cons to "joining". I would like to think there are more benefits than negatives but I can certainly understand the position he is taking staying anonymous.  There are merits to what he is saying.  "Joining" us did not necessarily mean you have to agree with us unilaterally. The truth is there is a small degree of disagreements on small, minute issues between all of us.  However, on the "big strokes", there is agreement amongst us.

Having said all that, there is ZERO Pay in volunteering and sometimes it is a thankless job.  I cannot blame SG for wanting his independence.

As far as I am concerned if SG is happy what he is doing now, then the rest of the ELI team is happy too.  This is a community where people get to choose how much or how little they want to participate.

Matthew

It would be interesting to know whether or not SoyletGreen was offered to become part of the “defense team” just as BuddaPi.  We have been watching this website for some time.  SoylentGreen actually has provided a lot of useful information on this website. His participation is second to Oscar Michelen.

Thanks for BuddaPi for his efforts, dedication and time as well.

Matthew is getting lazy and rude too... Oscar does not even write letters he takes money for LOL..

IF YOU HAD NEVER OFFERED SOYLETGREEN TO JOIN YOUR TEAM, SHAME ON YOU!

Soylent has dedicated a lot of his time contributing to this site and has helped many people, he is an integral part of this operation pretty much.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.