Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright laws and the Constitution  (Read 2904 times)

Bekka

• View Profile
Copyright laws and the Constitution
« on: September 12, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
I would be very curious if the "end user" part of the copyright law is actually constitutional.  How can the law justify making someone pay for another persons mistake or crime?  I am not naive and know that there are many innocent people in prison today, because the justice system failed them.  What was Congress thinking when they put this provision in the copyright law?  If I hire someone to cut my grass and he blows grass in my neighbor's driveway and they argue, the lawn mower guy kills him, runs off to another country never to be heard from again, am I responsible?  I know that this is an outrageous analogy, but would this concept begin to spill over into other aspects of doing business? I think it sets a very bad precedence and one could argue that it would begin break down the business model in America and possibly on a global scale. If more and more people and businesses are being held responsible for the actions of the businesses and people they hire to do work for them, then commerce will soon come to grinding halt.

Just my thoughts on the matter!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.