Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile / Arius3D deal deadline today  (Read 4528 times)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Masterfile / Arius3D deal deadline today
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
Masterfile / Arius3D deal deadline is today...
Inb4 shitstorm!!

S.G.

Bekka

• View Profile
Re: Masterfile / Arius3D deal deadline today
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »
Here we go again!  A slow burn or rather transfer of assets.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/01/idUS21983+01-Feb-2012+MW20120201

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
Only thing that surprises me is that there wasn't another large transfer of assets. But at least the current board keeps drawing a salary as they submarine that company.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »
It's pretty clear that Steve Pigeon wants to get out of MF and the stock photo business.
I can't say that I blame him.  But, any new owner of MF would have to make sweeping changes to stay competitive.
It would probably be easier for someone to start a completely new company with a different business model.
Rather than buy MF and then try to fix it, that is.  They should have made changes many years ago to stay competitive.

In the words of GE’s former CEO: “Change or die”.  The company's value rose 4000% during his tenure.

S.G.

Bekka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
What do you want to bet that MF's "organic" growth is not from selling photos?

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
Yes, they probably make more from legal threats than traditional sales.

I think that there was probably some good growth in the first five years after the web became "graphical".
Back then, many businesses equated a cool website with increased sales.
Now, customers are are savvier with their purchases; the actual product and how a site functions is more important than appearance.
Business people who need a website aren't concerned with the "cool factor" so much these days.
They want to talk numbers.  Now, people will use more economical images for the most part.

You know what else grows "organically"?  Mold.

S.G.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
Oh gosh, You just had to bait me.

How about lice, leeches, parasites, bacteria, fungus, viruses, plague, bottom-feeders, mildew?

I feel better saying those words.

You know what else grows "organically"?  Mold.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.