Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright Troll and Georgia Attorney Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu  (Read 11980 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Copyright Troll and Georgia Attorney Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu
« on: May 17, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »
I believe in playing fair and giving credit where credit is due, since Georgia Attorney Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu is the person that signed off on that absurd extortion demand letter, I feel that it is only the right thing to do, to give her a thread just for her..special demand letter deserve special attention, even more so when said attorney has very little online presence. I am more than happy to help her get some attention in the field of "practicing law"!

"Since 2004, she has worked on IP issues at a number of international law firms, including Swidler Berlin LLP, Crowell & Moring LLP, Paul Hastings LLP, and A&Finet Taiwan International Patent Office.  In late 2007, Cindy joined The Coca-Cola Company as in-house patent counsel, where she supported prosecution, litigation, and licensing of Coke’s global IP rights. "

How does one go from studying Chemical Engineering to Copyright trolling??

About Cindy
http://hsu-iplaw.com/index.html

About Her Fee Structure
http://hsu-iplaw.com/fee-options.html Was taken down.
(Screenshot backup)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/94809226/Georgia-Attorney-Cindy-Wan-Hsin-Hsu-Collection-Fee-Structure-Screenshot

State Bar License
http://www.gabar.org/MemberSearchDetail.cfm?ID=NTUzNjgw

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:35:52 AM by Matthew Chan »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Copyright Troll and Georgia Attorney Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
Might be that trolls are less likely to blow themselves up than chemical engineers :-D

Bekka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
In two words..."Easy Money."  That is if you don't mind the negative lime light........ This whole copyright issue is really getting out of hand. With the onset of the internet, the laws need to be changed.  IMO, there should be a cease and desist letter first. Then a small fine per image (if registered separately), and if that doesn't work, then sue for costs and damages.  But $35,000 for two images, puhleeeese!

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21:18 PM »
That $35,000 has to be a typo since there are so many better images available for free or for pennies all over the web.

I like to give copyright trolling lawyers the benefit of the doubt whenever possible since I'm sure one of them somewhere, somehow, must be honest and decent at heart. Looking at her photograph so happily sipping a latte, perhaps Georgia Attorney Cindy Hsu is that honest and decent copyright attorney?

I bet she probably really meant to type $3.50 or $35.00 to reflect the actual value of the images in question! And that we'll have a correction from her soon.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
ahhhh Mulligan is ever the optimist! I agree we may get a response soon, but not in terms of a correction..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »
I like Mulligan's posts.
I know how those "zero" keys on a keyboard can sometimes stick.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wxegtYcD1qdwm2w.jpg

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »

Who's Next???

Robert Krausankas

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:25 PM »
Did you notice her fee structure page is down now?

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 12:11:52 AM »
Not surprised. I have a screenshot in preparation of that. I will upload it to Scribd and change the link when I get a chance.  The replacement link now points to the Scribd upload of the screenshot.

Did you notice her fee structure page is down now?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:40:03 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 06:52:11 AM »
I really find it hard to believe ( well not really) that of all this time and all of these trolls, not a single one of them has the spine nor the balls to publicly address the forum, to even attempt to defend their good names. This tells me they really are spineless, don't care about their reputations, or they know deep down inside that what they are partaking in is ethically and morally wrong, and are embarrassed.

Dammit there I go coming up with rational reasons why irrational people like Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu would do what they do.. I keep forgetting they do it for the money and only the money, because they are greedy pigs..

Robert Krausankas

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:05 AM »
I really find it hard to believe ( well not really) that of all this time and all of these trolls, not a single one of them has the spine nor the balls to publicly address the forum, to even attempt to defend their good names. This tells me they really are spineless, don't care about their reputations, or they know deep down inside that what they are partaking in is ethically and morally wrong, and are embarrassed.

Amen to that. As I've posted before... at least a mugger on the street has the courage to extract payment face to face.

And how could they NOT know that what they're doing is morally wrong and, in so many cases with the letters we've seen, ethically questionable as well. No wonder they're so terrified of complaints to the AGs and state review boards.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »
Well ,Julie Stewart tried to take on Matt, and now she's getting out of the trolling business.
I guess that if she didn't succeed, she can serve as an example to others.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1319/juliestewartbitchstewie.jpg

S.G.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
The legal fee link has been updated on the starter thread. I anticipated that anything we report is subject to being taken down quickly. Hence, we do make an effort to capture screenshots before reporting on key items.

After all, our readers want to know the truth even if "they" try to bury it. We will unbury it for them.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Photo Attorney Cindy Wan-Hsin Hsu should be grateful!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »
Now thats' she's getting much more exposure than she was getting 2 weeks ago, just one of the many benefits she reaps after joining Photo Attorney Carolyn Wrights stable of copyright trolls

http://www.palmbeachdns.com/cindy_google_SS.jpg

5 results on the first page of google...well done ELI!
( the fifth result is directly under the "photoattorney.com" listing..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:15:31 PM by Matthew Chan »

Robert Krausankas

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
To all those who complain that Googling their names now pulls up ELI on the first page (and sometimes as the first response) I remind you that this site will also praise and laud those who behave and litigate responsibly. We're just waiting for that to happen. Soon, we hope.     
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:16:12 PM by Matthew Chan »

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.