Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: copyrightcorrect web details  (Read 3058 times)

henry1

• View Profile
copyrightcorrect web details
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
Users of the forum may find this site useful www.copyrightcorrect.com

They have a lot of experience of the stock industry and will check web sites for every image highlighting through a report those which may possibly be subject to license conditions. We found their service very useful and now use their free on going service where I can send an image to them and they check if we are able to use it or not.

They apparently set up to help small business not fall foul of copyright infringement lessening the issue before the letter arrives or checking a site after you have received a demand as many business users have found the are in breach several times. We subsequently removed seven images from our site and we know 'historical' searched may find them, but if already removed you have a better case.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: copyrightcorrect web details
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
So Henry1,

Your very first and only post on the ELI Forums is to announce copyrightcorrect.com? What is your relationship to that website?  You didn't say specifically and you are posting anonymously.

It just seems strange that your very first post would be to promote a website and their supposed "free" service. However, it doesn't look "free" to me and based in the UK. It is far from free and actually sounds VERY expensive. Also, the majority of readers here are based in the U.S. who deal with U.S. Dollars, not the UK pound.

http://www.copyrightcorrect.com/#ordering
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

henry1

• View Profile
Re: copyrightcorrect web details
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
Hello Matthew,

Sorry I was not trying to  promote an individual business or push the services. It is just they were very helpful.
The free service offered is after they have checked a site they will happily help if you wish to send them an image you are putting onto your web site (or thinking of placing on your site). They will see if it is a stock image or not.

I had a cottage rental company in Norfolk and used two images (well my web designer did) and fell foul of Stockfood UK. I did not wish it to happen again and Copyright Correct checked the site for me and gave me a comprehensive report showing many other images that my designer had placed on the site.

They were removed and I hope that will be the end of it.

I know they were very friendly and helped a lot. My cottage site is no longer running as we now rent through airbnb.

All the best.

Henry

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.