ELI Forums > Getty Images Letter Forum

Creative Commons Photos on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

<< < (6/8) > >>

aot:

--- Quote ---They have just sent me an "Escalation Notice" as I haven't responded since I sent them the takedown notification.
--- End quote ---
Is this the first escalation notice? They will send you a couple of different escalation emails... perhaps even under different names.

--- Quote ---I guess I can try to negociate them down to a more reasonable rate, but I might book a call with Matthew first to get a second opinion.
--- End quote ---
I would have called Matthew if my family was not visiting me in the month of October. Also, if not for my family and partners, I would have definitely not even negotiated or paid anything. At the least, I would have taken more time, if not, playing the wait game.

So I would recommend you do a call and discuss with Matthew, unless, Matthew jumps in here and can answer any specific questions you may have.

Can you share the flickr link of the photo in question? Also, did you take screenshots of any site metrics such as page views, date image uploaded, image deleted, etc.? What was the resolution of the photo uploaded. (For eg. it's two different thing if I downloaded a High Res. pic in 600x600 and shared in a blog post which was seen by let's say 1000 people (with no commercial activity).

These numbers will help you in the negotiation as well.

bilbo1:

--- Quote from: aot on December 05, 2018, 03:41:38 PM ---Is this the first escalation notice? They will send you a couple of different escalation emails... perhaps even under different names.

--- End quote ---
Yes, this is the first escalation notice.

The first time they emailed me about the image was 24th october and they said "Note that a failure to resolve this matter of unlicensed use within 21 days will result in escalation to one of our partner attorneys for legal proceedings."

21 days have passed and they are still trying to get me to pay rather than take me to court. I guess that could be an indication that they don't have enough evidence or the claim is to minor to take me to court.

--- Quote from: aot on December 05, 2018, 03:41:38 PM ---Can you share the flickr link of the photo in question?
--- End quote ---

www .flickr. com/photos/30478819@N08/32067586033/

--- Quote from: aot on December 05, 2018, 03:41:38 PM ---Also, did you take screenshots of any site metrics such as page views, date image uploaded, image deleted, etc.? What was the resolution of the photo uploaded.
--- End quote ---

It was uploaded Jan 2nd this year (2018) and the image was taken down on the 27th of October. The post received 1,169 page views during that time. No promotions or marketing is present it in the article... it is purely informational.

I'm going to book a call with Matthew before I reply and I will report back once I've resolved it.

Cheers for your help Aot!

aot:

--- Quote --- www .flickr. com/photos/30478819@N08/32067586033/
--- End quote ---

{sigh} I don't know what to say. All I can say is I feel sorry for you.

It's shared under "CC BY 2.0". Trying to extort $750 USD for a photo that no one wants to buy because several free photos are available online, for eg. https://pixabay.com/en/photos/Avocado%20Burger/?

Also, MV's pic has just 3922 page views. Clearly there is not a huge market demand for health and/or lifestyle bloggers to pay for avocado burger photos.

Even though the CC license terms were broken, somewhere between $5 to $99 USD might justify the dispute, if it's resolved peer-to-peer.

This is where I call this whole thing a scam and backwards. 

{Sigh} I would offer $50 and try to close it. :-'(

kingkendall:
@bilbo1

Do you know what low hanging fruit means?

bilbo1:
Thanks @aot.

@kingkendall

Yes, I do, it's a common expression.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version