Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Unhappy New Year 2016 to Masterfile Defendants  (Read 8964 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Unhappy New Year 2016 to Masterfile Defendants
« on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
It looks like Masterfile is off to an early start this year. Masterfile filed two fresh lawsuits this week to launch 2016. I haven't gone into Pacer yet but a Google search reveals that these are two medical practices. I guess Masterfile figures that brick and mortar doctor offices should have money to cough up and pay copyright infringement claims.

Interestingly, I don't know either one of these doctors. In fact, since these were only filed the last 2 days, they will likely get served by next week and I am sure they will be very unhappy when that time comes.

Normally, we find out lawsuits after the victims do. But I am certain the victims don't yet know they are going to be served very soon.

Masterfile Corporation v. The Heartbeat Clinic, PA et al
Filed: January 20, 2016 as 3:2016cv00171
Plaintiff: Masterfile Corporation
Defendant: The Heartbeat Clinic, PA, Amer Suleman
Cause Of Action: Copyright Infringement
Court: Fifth Circuit › Texas › Texas Northern District Court

Masterfile Corporation v. Sheila Addison
Filed: January 19, 2016 as 4:2016cv00293
Cause Of Action: Copyright Infringement
Court: Ninth Circuit › California › California Northern District Court

Masterfile filed 3 lawsuits in 2015. January isn't over and they have already filed 2 lawsuits. It should be interesting to see how many they will file in 2016.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:52:44 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Unhappy New Year 2016 to Masterfile Defendants
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »
If Masterfiles' thinking to go after MD's because they might have money, they will fail, the MD's don't make the money the insurance companies do.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

The-Gobbler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »
Actually guys, Shelia Addison was active on this board about 2 years ago.  She was complaining that Oscar had been ignoring her emails.

See here:  http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/masterfile-threat-should-i-continue-to-reply/

Not only that, but her postings are quoted in the filing on Pacer which shows that these dirtbags are definitely prowling this discussion board looking for evidence.  ...which is why I'm at least semi-trying to be anonymous :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:41:48 PM by The-Gobbler »

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:38 PM »
Gobbler,

Good catch on that. I didn't remember. Yes, we have long known that the people we report on are enthusiastic readers of ELI.

Could you do me a favor and email me the filing to matt30060 gmail?

I agree that for many people, it is best to use an alias.

Regarding Sheila, it looks like I entirely missed that thread in May 2013. It was during the time I got disgusted and pissed with the whole 2013 Linda Ellis vs. Matthew Chan legal fiasco and decided to go into self-imposed exile until Timmy McCormack pissed me off and brought me back.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/eli-founder-matthew-chan-returns-to-eli-after-year-long-exile/

I think many of us were preoccupied behind the scenes on my legal case. I certainly made no secret that I was going to be selfish and worry about myself first before anyone else and part of that was that I didn't participate or read the ELI Forums for nearly a year.

Sheila was an unfortunate soul who was caught with bad timing during my self-imposed exile in 2013. Oscar doesn't typically ignore emails but he gets freaking busy.  Oscar gets a lot of emails and was likely busy and her emails might have fallen through the cracks. Oscar also had one extra unexpected person he was helping behind the scenes, it was me!

I looked back at my email record and it turns out that Sheila did send one email in asking me to contact Oscar. It looks like I forwarded it to his office but I didn't respond back to her like I typically do.

I give preferential treatments and remember those that enroll in an ELI Support Calls. The reason I do is because I actually spend time with them on the phone and get to know them and their case, so they stick out in my mind more. I also feel a greater moral obligation to assist like when they are trying to reach Oscar's office.

Everyone else, who sends me email (and I get lots of email), I don't remember or recall as well. The Defense Letter Program service is a very good one but no one hard sells it. Due to the low price, it simply cannot be at the top of the priority list for Oscar but they typically do get around to taking care of everyone.

People who enroll in ELI Support Calls often get better results coming through me simply because I have a direct line to Oscar and his office manager if I need to use it. I also tell them how to submit a request. 

I feel bad for Sheila because she appears to have fallen through the cracks.

Actually guys, Shelia Addison was active on this board about 2 years ago.  She was complaining that Oscar had been ignoring her emails.

See here:  http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/masterfile-threat-should-i-continue-to-reply/

Not only that, but her postings are quoted in the filing on Pacer which shows that these dirtbags are definitely prowling this discussion board looking for evidence.  ...which is why I'm at least semi-trying to be anonymous :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:25:23 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:07:27 PM »
Masterfile don't care where there money comes from: her or the insurance companies.

If Masterfiles' thinking to go after MD's because they might have money, they will fail, the MD's don't make the money the insurance companies do.

Amanda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:18:43 AM »
Well, Masterfile is living up to its name in a whole new way: the Master of filing lawsuits. True to being one of the Three Racketeers. "All for money, money for all!"

Considering their initials are MF, that can give a good indication of what that could really stand for and just WHAT they are.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 01:00:00 AM »
MF is also fondly known around here as "MasterFail" depending on the context being spoken about.

The-Gobbler

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »
So I've been following the Masterfile case out in California and it definitely seems to be proceeding: https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/4:2016cv00293/294953

I can't be bothered to pay for all the pacer.gov stuff but if someone has an account it would be very interesting to see how bad this has gotten.  For a little background, this is a therapists office who apparently used a single Masterfile stock photo over 2 years ago and now these guys, backed by the goons from PhotoAttorney seem to be plugging along in full lawsuit mode.

Amanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »
"Master Fail" is good but my line of thinking was along the lines Mother F#$%s  ;D

Sandra Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »
If your business is insured, i.e. blog insurance, they will go after you hard. It's the insurance money they're after.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
The copyright trolls will always encourage you to use your insurance if you have it, it is easy money for the trolls
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Engel Nyst

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »
The Sheila Addison case appears to have settled.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/4:2016cv00293/294953

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 06:51:12 PM »
It is not a surprise the case settled. As I said, the Sheila Addison case is an unfortunate one because she was caught in a temporary vacuum and odd set of circumstances.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.